Feather x Tawny

"Brambleclaw, can we please rest? My paws are beyond tired and the sun isnt even out!" Squirrelpaw protested.

Bramblewclaw shot back an annoyed looked and sighed, "Fine. This spot looks like a good place to rest...I caught a wiff of mouse scent so we might be able to hunt."

Murmurs of agrrement rose from the other quest cats.

"Why dont we let the rest settle in while you and I go hunting?" Stormfur looked hopefully at Brambleclaw. The tom agreed to this with a nod of his head, "I dont see why not."

Feathertail began to scrape moss of an old tree, using it to make a small nest  underneath a fern bush. Tawnypelt approached, "I think your brother is making lovey eyes at mine." She laughed softly.

Feathertail purred in amusement, "I wouldnt be suprised."

Tawnypelt looked at Feathertail's makeshift nest, "Do you mind if I lay here next to you?"

"Not at all!" Feathertail blurted excitedly...a bit to excitedly. Tawnypelt chuckled softly at this which caused the riverclan shecat to give her chest fluff a few embarrased licks.

"Your mother must have been beautiful" Tawnypelt meows, her amber eyes looking at Feathertail admiringly.

"Oh yes! My father speaks so fondly of her, he says i take alot after her but I doubt I am as beautiful as she was." She replied in a soft tone, feeling grief tug at her heart.

"How could you ever say that? Do you not look at your reflection in the river? Youre absolutely gorgeous." Tawnypelt says as she places a paw on hers.

Feathertail's fur feels hot but she meets the tortoishell's amber gaze. Her blue eyes pooling with affection.

"Then that would make two of us." It was not Tawnypelts turn to feel embarrased, yet relieved. A silence then falls between them.

"Tawnypelt?" Feathertail asks.

"hm?" The amber eyed molly turns to her with a curious look.

"Do you really think we can save the clans? Her tone is somewhat a mix between sadness and hope.

"I pray to Starclan we can. They wouldnt send us on this quest to the sundrown place for nothing." Tawnypelt replies; "Besides...i think I have personally gotten something much better from this quest than savig the clans." She adds half jokingly.

"Oh yeah? And what would that be?" Feathertail looks at the other molly with a dumbfounded expression

"I get to spend time with you." She replies in a soft calming voice, her amber eyes pooling with affection.
The two shecats nudged closer together, their pelts merging into one.

"Tawnypelt! Where are you?" Both shecats jumped at the sudden noise. It was coming from Tawnypelt's brother Brambleclaw. The Thunder Clan tom fell silent when his eyes fell upon both shecats.

"Oh um there you are." He said, "Stormfur and I brought back a blackbird, two scrawny and a toad. I thought you would be hungry." He informed them, "However though, i see you are quite occupied." He added teasingly.

Feathertail rolled her eyes, "lets go get  something to eat then." She then padded up to meet her brother, leaving the other pair of sibbling alone.

"A River Clan molly huh?" Brambleclaw bumped his head to his sister shoulder playfully. "Who would have thought that my little sister has a crush on a molly from a different clan?" He adds teasingly.

"Oh shut up, Stormfur." Tanwnypelt shoots back giving her brother a knowing look.

"I have no idea what youre talking about." He defends.

"Oh sure brother, but as it seems we have both fallen for River Clan cats."

□____________________________________□

This chapter was requested by Absoluterandomness I hope you like it and sorry i took so long! Please leave request in the comments🌸