Mothwing x Leafpool

SPOILER ALERT!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT READ "Squirrelflight's Hope" OR "The Broken Code" ARC. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Mothwing sorted herbs in the medicine cat den as she waited for Willowshine to return with the catnip. There was a sick elder who had developed a slight greencough and the younger molly had offered to go over to Thunderclan for and ask Jayfeather for some.

Her ears pointed back as she heard the steps of Willowshine approaching.

"Did you get the catnip?" She asked without turning back, sorting the last of some dried out dock leaves. There was no response, she turned around to face the black and grey she-cat. Her green eyes were clouded with grief.

"Willowshine, whats wrong?" The golden medicine cat demanded.

"Oh Mothwing, Leapool. She is in Starclan now."

Mothwing felt as though heavy paws had slammed agaisnt her chest and all the air was forced out. Her legs suddenly felt week. She thrust her muzzle into Willowshines face.

"Youre lying! Its a lie!" She snarled, her emotions threatething to overwhelm her.
Willowshine stared at her and nodded her head sadly.

Mothwing collapsed on the floor, her head tossed back and aimed at the sky as a horrid wail escaped her yowls. Her breath slowed down and become shallow.

"Mothwing, here have some poppy seeds."Willowshine prompted as she pushed the dark small seeds to her.The golden molly looked back at her former apprentice and let out a tiny sob. She licked up the poppy without another word.

It had been three days since Willowshine had brought the terrible news of Leafpool's death. Her grief was still the same. Mothwing had made her way to Thunderclan's camp.

"Mothwing!" A warrior shouted. Soon heads started to turn to Mothwing. It was Squirrelflight who came to greet the medicine cat, her green eyes showed signs of tiredness.

"Im sorry about," Mothwing began, but the deputy interrumpted her with a nod. There were no need for words, she understood.

"May I speak to Jayfeather."

The deputy nodded and Mothwing made her way to the medicine cat den. The grief was renewed when the faint scent of Leafpool clung to her nose, memories of her clouded her mind.

"Mothwing, What a pleasure to see you. What brings you here?" The polite greeting came from the younger Alderheart.

"I...I wanted to pay my respects to Leafpool."

"Why? You dont even believe in Starclan anyway! Why would you want to pay your respects to her spirit." The angered yowl cane from the blind tom. Mothwing realIed she had never seen Jayfeather look so angry. His fur was unkempt and disheveled. He let out a frustrated sigh, and turned back around swishing his tail.

"He hasnt been himselt lately, Ill take you to where we buried her." Alderheart whispered inti Mothwing' ear. The two medicine cats walked side by side out of the camp.

Mothwing's breath caught in her throat as she spotted a clump of dirt beneath a birch tree. It had been recently covered with scatters of lavander and marigold. The golden she-cat couldnt help but to let out a sob. Alderheart stayed back, to give the riverclan molly some space to grieve.

"My sweet Leafpool. Oh, Ill never see your beautiful face again." She whispered, bowing her head low closing her eyes.Suddenly, a gust of wind blew past her rufflinf her golden fur. A soft voice rang in her ear.

"Im always with you Mothwing, Ill never truly leave you."

She lifted her head to see the stary figure of Leafpool. Her pale brown fur shined elegantly. Mothwing stood up and pressed her muzzle agaisnt hers.

"I will never leave you my dearest Mothwing." Her soft voice promised as her starry shape began to fade.

"Ill miss you, my love."

(Art by xxlunawarriorxx on Tumblr.)
(Short requested by MatthewIsShort )