Chapter Forty-One

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever."

Logan's Point of View

Things go well according to what I have expected. Plans and moments happen for a purpose. I'm so lucky to have Maureen in my life, the way she makes my life enjoy the every day that I know soon I will no longer meet again. I'm both scared and worried, about how I may face my life in every next morning. The chances that I get, I know my life is limited anymore. I'm just waiting when.

Going to every doctor's appointments and have good thoughts about it but it never pass a minute on me to thought if the doctor's were really honest or just wanna gain money or lie about my entire life just to thought I will live long.

"Hey, Logan!" Doctor Clark said with that medical records about my condition.

"Good morning, doctor!" I simply answered.

"You've been so different since Maureen came in." He teasingly said.

"I guess, thanks to her." I smiled.

"Logan, you know what is your situation, right?" Doctor Clarkson stated and tap my shoulder, "It would be much better...." He was about to finished it but I end it,

"No way!" I smirked, "I know what you are thinking, doctor. You are just a doctor and not a love expert to give me thoughts of leaving what makes me happy. I'm sorry!" I said straight and walk away.

"Logan!" As I heard him called me but I just walk straight through the hallway and go home.

As I reached home, I saw mom on her mini office with those papers scattered around her table.

"How's the check up?" Mom asked.

"Kinda annoying." I said in my most hard tune.

"Logan? Have you fought with him again?" Mom asked so concerned.

"I didn't! You know that mom, I never touched any of his decisions and now he will come in my way to think that breaking my relationship with Maureen is the best thing, I know I'm sick mom but I'm not emotionless to never feel love. Not like him!" I madly answered and walk upstairs in my bedroom.

I lock myself in the room just like the way I usually do. I took my laptop and click over to the pictures then saw the memories I have with Maureen in the rest one year and half. When suddenly,

"Logan?" I heard mom knocking at the door. I drop my laptop and slowly opened the door. "Can I talk with you?" She asked and smile. I let her in and I sit on the edge of my bed and wait for her to speak up, "Wow! Your room is so good." She said.

"Yea, thanks!" I simply answered.

"So!" Mom moved next to me and, "Son, I know you are mad at him but it doesn't change the fact that he is still your father." She mentioned, that made me arose with hate,

"You just said that because you are coward mom." I mindlessly said that mom gave me shocked look.

"Coward?" She said slightly shaky, "If I were a coward Logan, tell me why did I choose to stay with you and take the responsibility to take good care of you even though I know there's no assurance of you staying for long beside me!" She said straight and tears starts to fall in her eyes. "You don't know, how much I suffer the day your father and I separated. After that three months, and figured out that you have a cancer." She sob and wipes her tears away.

I never really know that, mom and dad separated but I have no idea that she choose me aside of everything that happened.

"Though me and your dad were apart, I'm still happy that he still do his part to manage your treatments, and that is the reason why.... I don't want you to hate your father. He may choose to leave but that doesn't mean he don't love you." Mom added and a pain inside my chest break.

I've been so rushed to dad in the entire years that they separated, while I never see what effort he do just to keep on touch with me. Proving that he loves me and mom, they may be apart but the strings between me, mom and him keeps us close. I moved closer to mom and hugged her,

"I'm so sorry, mom! I was carried away with anger and hatred." I said in the middle of our hug.

"I know! I know, you hate him but after this, I hope you'll be able to accept the truth that he never left and he really loves you." She said cupping my cheeks with tears. "And about his idea of you and Maureen, maybe he wants you to be careful that maybe one day you'll hurt her. The hurt that would take a long process to sink in." She added.

Maybe it is, I would probably hurt, Maureen. The hurt that not just because I left, but because I left and not be able to return in her arms again.