Chapter Six

It's around six in the evening and ones I finished my shower I grab some comfortable outfit to wear for my so called "First party" thing. I picked some baggy jeans like what it seems to as my comfort zone. When Sabrina came in,

"What was that?" She asked putting that eyebrows up.

"It's my most comfy stuff to wear." I defend with that judgemental stare wrapping around my body.

"Wear this!" She handed to me a black high waisted shorts.

"That's too showy." I said and giving her a "I'm not going to wear that" look.

"Okay, I'm not gonna force you. I'll just leave it here, if ever you changed your mind." She said and put the shorts on my bed.

How come this party they call is a big deal to decide everything, especially on what to wear. I stare for awhile on the shorts and made my horrible decision. It is already seven and I heard a knock on the door, as soon as I opened it,

"Whoa! Wear is, Maureen?" Ezra teasingly said and put a giggling smile on his face.

"I told you, it looks so good on you, Maureen." Sabrina said and wink at me. Well, I did wear the shorts she gave me. Kind of not that my type, but why not try it. Like mom said, "Make time of yourself."

Later on, we reached to the rental cars not that long after a few hundred steps. I noticed someone on the bench suddenly stood up and came to our direction,

"Hey!" I take a glanced on it and saw Logan, with that plain shirt and black jeans and a pair of black converse. "Whoa! You look so pretty, Maureen." He said that made me blushed and I hope they didn't noticed that.

"I'll take that as a compliment." I answered and smile at him.

We drive off to one of Gabriella's friend house and as the car parks you can now see the people dancing and playing around with those cups on their hands. As we get inside,

"Gabriella!" A girl with reddish hair showed up and gave her a hug as she noticed us, "Are they your new friends?" Referring to us. Gabriella nod and introduced us to her friend.

"Nice meeting you all, I'm Daphne." She said and smile. "Go make yourself at home." She added and drag Gabriella to somewhere now its just me, Sabrina, Ezra and Logan.

"Whoa! I'll just go get to this bunch of hot boys." A flirty sound of Ezra and now its the three of us.

"I'll go and get some drinks. Do you want some?" Sabrina asked and left as I shake my head as a nope response to her.

I left myself stuck on this ridiculous idea of party. Nice try, Maureen. Logan, head to somewhere as soon as he feel hangout with the other boys. I just grab some coke and sit to a vacant chair in the corner. If I were you Maureen, I'll just stay at my room for sure and read my favorite book. As I fight to my conscience.

I stood up and lean over to a wooden wall facing at the backyard and watch the stars blazes the sky. When a drunk stubborn guy came and plays out of me,

"Hey darling!" He said in a very unmannered way while he stretches leaning his arms behind my head. I try to get off of his presence but badly I can't move. I start to sob trying to punch him but he keep on blocking me.

"Stay away from me!" I screamed. "I swear, stay away from me!" I strongly said but he is so strong to be stopped.

"No ones gonna hear you, everyone is busy messing around and the music is too loud." I gave him my deadliest stares but its no use.

"Get off of me!" I screamed he was about to slap me when someone knock him off. I was shocked to see the guy fell down,

"You don't want me to do that again, don't you?" A very brave and mad Logan came and punch the guy. I was going to speak but, "Are you hurt?" Logan look at me worried.

"I'm not hurt. I should be the one asking that." I said and look over to his right hand that has a slight bruised. "I think, we should look for some medicine cabinet." I suggested and grab a hand to see his bruised.

Luckily, I saw this spot that no one has ever got unto. I head to the bathroom and saw the medicine cabinet, grab the alcohol and an enough amount of cotton to press on.

"Here." I said and slowly touched it unto his bruised hand. "Luckily, its not that much." I said and smile at him. "Anyway, thank you for saving me out there." I added and smile.

"It's nothing, its the least I can do." He said and smile. "I thought you enjoy the party?" He asked curiously. I smirked and,

"If I were, you've probably found me playing spin the bottle. Take a millions of shots." I said and laugh, "This is not actually my kind of comforting zone." I added and, "How about you?" I asked.

"Hmmm.... A bit but not that really enjoying. If you didn't like in here why did you ask me to come?" He asked.

"Actually, its not me that text you earlier, it was Gabriella. I don't want to come either but she forced me, just to think I won't make her not disappointed." I explained still pressing the cottons.

We talk so much that night when the three of them found us on the corner and decided to go home. As we reached home, I received a text, "Good night, Maureen. Thank you for your help earlier." from Logan.

After all, I made the best thing this day.