XXVIII: the show must go on

"the show must go on, i'll face it with a grin, i'm never giving in, on with the show."

Caspian laughed at his sisters ridiculous outcome but was distracted by a ray of light shining down on the water through the clouds, he stood up as Lucy caught on and Edmund help his girlfriend up

Caspian laughed at his sisters ridiculous outcome but was distracted by a ray of light shining down on the water through the clouds, he stood up as Lucy caught on and Edmund help his girlfriend up. "The spell. It's lifting." Lucy remarked as the four of them glanced across the water to spot several rowing boats heading towards them.

As the boats sailed closer, Edmund snaked his arm round Juliet's waist and pulled her closer to him, she rested her hand on his chest and sighed. She laughed a little as she spotted Rhince and Gael swimming towards a woman she presumed was Helaine, but apart from that she didn't speak a word. It was as if she were already grieving a loss.

"Let's help them on board." Caspian shouted, and the crew ran towards the side of the boat and started to help each other toss nets and ladders off the side.

"We did it." Lucy looked up at the others and smiled brightly. "I knew we would."

"Wasn't just us though." Edmund told his sister as Caspian looked at him, rather confused.

"You mean..."

"Hey! Hey, I'm down here, Lucy!" All four of them ran to the side of the boat as they heard someone shouting at them from the water. They were not expecting to be greeted with Eustace Scrubb swimming in the water, a large smile plastered across his face. "Over here!"

"Eustace!" Lucy beamed.

"I'm a boy again!" He laughed as he paddles around in front of them.

"Eustace!" Reepicheep appeared from the deck. "I see your wings have been clipped." He jumped into the water with the boy and started singing his song. "Where the waves grow ever sweet."

Eustace narrowed his eyebrows as he brought some water to his lips and tasted it. "It is sweet."

Reepicheep stood on Eustace's shoulder and peered into the distance. "Look!" Juliet looked to where he was pointing and could see a large wave far off in the distance. Her face suddenly dropped and she backed away from the others, making her way below deck.

Only Caspian noticed as he trailed after her.

"Juliet?" He knocked twice on her door. "It's me, can I come in?"

"Sure." She replied from inside. Caspian opened the door to see her resting her elbows on the balcony at the back of the boat. He walked slowly to join her.

"Does your arm hurt?" He asked his sister.

"No."

"Your leg?"

"No."

"Your head-"

"No, Caspian!" Juliet laughed as he playfully shoved his shoulder. Caspian laughed too but soon came to his senses.