Abandoned

Abandoned

  Soft plums of smoke gently flowed from the chimney. Weathered brick, chipped and cracked, slick with the latest rain. The small homes shingles dripped with the small droplets.

  A gentle sound of a baby's cry could be heard from the room the chimney resided. A mother's cooing filled the spaces between the cries. As she cooed at her child his cries slowly slipped away. His small little form was still now.

  Little eyes closed in his slumber. The baby's fingers held tight to his mothers finger. He held to her as if she was his only life line.

His mother smiled at him, soft blue eyes dark with sadness. She rocked the small bundle in her arms as loud door falls came through the house.

The child's father came through the door of the room. His dark eyes trained on the child in his wife's arms. His wife looked up to her husband and gave him a sad smile.

The child's mother gently woke the baby. His little eyes opened to reveal beautifully purple eyes. They shinned like small ball shaped amethysts. His look was an innocent one, happiness was pointed towards the man. A toothless smile bubbles to the surface.

"I'm take him to the village," the man growled.

He snatched the young child from his mothers arms. She only watched as her son was taken from her. Tears spilling over her cheeks as he fell back into her bed. 

The child's father trudged through the forest His face set into a scowl. The boy held in one arm, his face hidden under the soft cow skin blanket.

The father arrived to the small town by dark. The whole village was quiet, but every so often there was a light on. Some people looking out to watch the man walk through. No one came out to greet him as he walked towards the church.

Once he'd reached the church he placed his child on the step. Then with a large fist he rapped on the door three times. He listened for the sound of foot steps before he left. His job was done.

The door opened, bright light filtered out. A robed man came out, with one step he felt a lump on the stone. He looked down to find the purple eyed boy. He was fast asleep completely oblivious to what has just happened.

The robed man picked the child up gently. His gray eyes looked to the man entering the woods. With a shake of his head he looked to the boy in his arms. His small eyes opened again, purple stared back at soft gray.

" Don't worry, child, I'll take care of you now." The man smiled, gently thumbing over the child's scalp.

-welp here ya go!!! Hope you like the re-written  version!! I have time right now to write. Can't really do much on a bus ride to a college can ya. X3. Welp! BBBBBYYYYEEE!-