Truth

Hailleys pov

After shopping we head back to the house.
"Im finally home!" I yell. Daniel comes running from the kitchen and almost knocking me over.
"I missed you." He says hugging me. I hug him as best I can with all the bags on my arm.
"Oh sorry. Let me grab some." He laughs grabbing basically all of them.
"You don't know where my room is." I state trying to take the bags back.
"You could just tell me." He says refusing to give me the other bags.
"Fine. Follow me." I shrug. We walk upstairs and I open my door and set the bags on the bed. Daniel does the same thing then gives me hug.
"You know I'm basically in love with you." He sighs. I try not to blush but can feel i failed.
"You know, you're probably the best thing thats gonna happen to me." I mumble into his chest. He just places his chin on my head and start swaying back and forth. I feel so safe. He goes to let go and leave but I don't let go.
"Please don't go." I say realizing I started crying.
"Hey what's wrong?" He asks looking at me.
"I can't really tell you." I frown crying more.
"Yes you can. I know how to keep secrets." He assures.
"I'm not Corbyns cousin. I'm his adopted sister. So is Ally." I say looking at him. His eyes drop and he pulls me closer.
"I'm sorry." He says holding me protectively.
"You-" I start.
"You don't need to explain." He says as he sits down and placing me on his lap. I start basically sobbing.
"My mom died when I was very young and my dad became very abusive towards Ally and I. We were stuck in that environment till I was 7. That's when everything changed." I mumbled.
"Don't explain. I don't need to know." He states.
"Don't ever hurt me." I yawn.
"I won't. Now rest angel." He says as starts playing with my hair. I eventually drift off to the sound of his heartbeat.