~Five~

¤¤¤¤
"I want you to know that I fell in love with you when we first met, as you got my heart already. So, baby, once again, nice to meet you."
- Daniel L.C. Hartley.
¤¤¤¤

❄️✨❄️

❄️✨❄️

On waking up, Daniel scanned his environment, as he sat up on the bed. He had no idea how he got to his room, the bed, and remove his shoes. He knew he wasn't fond of taking off his shoes, not even when he was sober, as he found it very tiresome to complete.

The last he could recall was gulping down his seventeenth jug of beer at Jonas' weekend party. Of course, Jonas would not fail to make him lose a bet and jug down tens of beer. He had lost a bet on a football match, and his payment was to jug down fifteen pegs, but he had gone all the way to seventeen.

"Damn it, I was drunk again."

Daniel said to himself, as he rose from the bed with a compelling push to pee. On standing, he felt an intense pain crack through his forehead. He placed his palms on his head and stepped into the adjacent toilet to relieve himself.

When he got out, the headache seemed to have faded, but he still felt lethargic and parched. He perceived that all these were an upshot of last night's drinking, but he assumed he should be used to the hangover now. However, he wasn't. Getting used to alcohol wasn't his kind of thing, as every relic felt like the very first.

Owing to his parched throat, he walked out of his room in a desperate hunt for water.

On nearing the kitchen, he heard the delightful song of a female, and her voice was full of melodies. He stopped abruptly in his tracks, as he mentally slapped himself; he had forgotten that he was married yesterday, and she was in his house with him.

Her name was Aderinsola, but he heard the majority refer to her as Derin. His mom also preferred calling her Derin. At least, that was what she called her all the times she had talked to him about becoming a 'responsible' adult.

He peeked and noticed she had busied herself with cooking. From afar, he had guessed she was a splendid cook, and the aroma emitting from what she was cooking assured him of her superb talent. However, she relished what she was doing, and that was the most important aspiration of all.

She seemed to be exultant of this arrangement, unlike him. He did not loathe her, but that did not mean he liked her. Yes, he despised the fact that she was the one he was forced to settle down with, but he could not blame her for that, as she was also a victim of his parent's decision.

Lake, his father, thought being married would improve his lifestyle and probably make him more mature. Daniel was aware of his lifestyle, and he knew he was immature, but that wasn't sufficient reason to impel a bride on him.

"You're awake?" Derin exclaimed on seeing him at the doorway, and her voice drew him out of his thoughts.

He looked forward and saw that she was standing in his front.