~One~

¤¤¤¤
"You only know what life is, when you are actually living in the real world. "
¤¤¤¤

November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014

Cold, crispy air rattled the crimson leaves, making them dance to the songs of the birds decorating the sky as they moved around the large premises of the school. Dry, dead leaves littered the grounds, and mist and fog detailed the scenery. This was the perfect time of the year when everyone closed up for the holidays. The chills from the night hung in the mist, causing the leaves to shower in a glorious burst of colors, as the students each hurried to their classes.

At the entrance to the school, some prefects were stationed, apparently to apprehend the latecomers, as it was the tradition to instill discipline in the students of Baptist Academy. Even though some were probably the same age as the juniors, the authority given to the prefects made them appear superior.

One of the prefects, a short light-brown skin girl, placidly watched the students as they swarmed into the school. She stood straight with her stunning, erect posture. Her face held a set of angelic light brown eyes, and her lips were luscious and full of plum. She smiled, beautiful and bright, deep with dimples that only added to her perfection.

She was Omojola Aderinsola Ajayi, but she is best known as Derin. She was a bright, vibrant sixteen-year-old art student, known throughout the school for not just her beauty, but her intellect as well.

Standing beside her with a long cane in her hand was her best friend and a fellow prefect, Adebimpe Onoojo, who kept a close eye on the students, ready to pounce on them.

Bimpe was a science student, having an equitable reputation with her friend, Derin. She, on the other hand, was dark-skinned with a similar set of brown eyes. She was chubby but rounded to exactness.

"I can't believe we are done with secondary school!" Derin exclaimed.

"Believe it or not, but that is the truth! I can't wait to be an undergraduate big girl," Bimpe replied.

Derin chuckled. "Big girl, indeed."

Bimpe swatted her arm playfully, and they shared a laugh before returning to the morning rush.

The two girls had been friends ever since their childhood days. Second grade, precisely. Their families were besties, too. Derin's parents were middle-class civil workers, and Adebimpe's father was Mr. Ajayi's colleague. Their families were on average status, as they lived comfortable lives and were contented with this. Derin had a younger sister 'Danielle' who was three years younger than her, while Bimpe had a senior sister 'Lola' who was five years older than her. The fact that they both had mischievous siblings heightened their common likes.

Another in this clique of friends was Bayo, who had been a good friend to this duo, and he has always been the protective shield of the girls, despite being in a different school from them. Their friendship had begun when they had met during a freshman orientation camp, and ever since, they never left each other. Bayo was two years older than them, and both girls had been infatuated with him at different points in time. Bayo was an orphan, raised by his grandmother, but the families of both his friends loved him.