My nose

I loved baking and I have been baking since forever. It helps me relax. And I needed to relax after everything that happened yesterday. I had decided I will not be pondering on the little occurrence in the limo but that definitely didn't happen. I could not sleep the entire night.  At the beginning I was just facing numerous emotions of anger and sorrow building within me, but once that stage was passed I started cherishing the passionate kiss that we shared in my sleep. So the few hours of sleep that I could get were broken with everything that I dreamt about doing with Adonis. But they were forbidden feelings hence they were as bad as nightmare. So I didn't try sleeping any longer and instead got up to bake something.

Mixing butter and sugar in a bowl, I added one egg, vanilla extract and then almond extract to the mixture and mixed them together. Then I added flour, baking powder and salt to the mixture, mixing them thoroughly once again. I had been baking since 5:00 a.m. in the morning and it was about 8'o clock now. My arm muscles are paining with sudden labor that they are made to do. Back at home I used an electric mixer to mix my ingredients. Hell I always used to chill the dough. But today I didn't have any chilled dough waiting for me beforehand. So instead of making the chocolate chip cookies that I would have made for calming my raging emotions, I decided to make simple sugar cookies to keep myself distracted.

Ella had to go back to Paris. At the very last moment Noah decided to present his to-be-wife Eanna with the opportunity to have her dream wedding by shifting the wedding location to Paris. So they all left as fast as they could. As sweet as it was, I would never want something like that to happen to me. It was just too much money and time to waste.  Ella, ofcourse had to fill a lot of paperwork but she was ultimately granted a leave. Since the project is just in its beginning, her presence was not an absolute necessity either.  Oscar and Hugo have been keeping busy a lot and since Oscar said me that they are planning to take their relationship to the next level, I do not try to hang out with them after work either. I am still staying at Eanna's old place. But I am all alone now.

So when the bell rang, I was astonished. I had not made any new friends. And those a few from back home would never come without informing me beforehand. Eanna had her wedding this weekend, so Ella would be coming sometime near Wednesday next week. After our fight, I do not think Adonis will come over and even if he would, I am not interested in meeting with him. I do not think I can face him without pulling out his hair, or for that matter my own hair. So I did not open the door. It kept ringing for some time, but I ignored it. I get to be deaf when I want to.  He might have a problem with that, but then even I have a lot of problems with him. 

"Sia open the door. I know you are in there." Adonis said banging the door after about five minutes or was it ten. I don't know. And I don't care. I just want a me day today. And I am going to use it to relieve my stress not increase it.

"Sia either you open the door or I break it." He threatened. But I didn't care. He would pay for any damages caused. And only he would be answerable to my neighbors who would be soon coming out to see who was creating the chaos.

 On cue, my intercom started ringing. 

"Hello."

"Ms. Couture." That would be Eanna. But since I am the only one here, this call has to be for me. 

Instead of correcting her, I said "Yes?"

"Why are you not opening the door ? Your boyfriend is going to wake up my child. Are you going to baby sit him? It's my husband's birthday. Have some humanity left in your hearts. These people. Either you open the door or I am going to complain to the police."

"I am sorry. Ms. ? "

"Randall"

"I am sorry Ms. Randall. I will look into the matter immediately."