First Day

I was woken up by ice cold water being splashed on my face. I shrieked and started coughing since it almost chocked me. I could feel my eyes and nose burning up, the former due to sleep and the later as a result of being choked. I immediately felt two large hands patting at my back to calm me down from my coughing, which I must say was working.

"Shit!! Sorry Sia, I didn't mean to. Shit!!" Parnell spoke from my right.

I turned to the left after hearing him, to see Adde almost pale and I knew that he is just a few minutes before he would allege himself for attempt to murder of his sister. I immediately hugged him. My big brother was probably more sensitive than me. Maybe not always but at least when it was about any of his family members or Adelle.

Two large hands caged me, pulling me to himself, effectively removing Parnell's hand. Adde tucked me under his chin and sighed.

"I am so sorry mon sucre ďorge. I am so sorry. Je suis tellement désolé. I didn't mean to." Adde uttered in the softest voice. I could well understand the guilt he was feeling right now. I know you would feel he is overreacting, but I guess he is just abnormally sentimental regarding his sweet little sister, something that always made my friends jealous. He has always been like this.

"C'est ok mon grand frère. I know you did not mean it. I do not hold it against you. And I know for a fact that it was not your idea, it's just that this brother of mine" I said holding a pinch of Parnelle's hair "loves teasing and infuriating me. And since he is successful in infuriating me today, I am not gonna talk to him till I return back to Paris."

"You can't do that to me." Parnell whined with a cute pout on his face. Now I get why people wanted to be my friends, just to meet this brother of mine. He is just too cute and handsome to resist. But unfortunately my brother's charms just do not work on me.

"Keep your pout with yourself. If you ever wake up your wife like this, she would probably kick you out of the house."

"That's why I am still single."

"And that is why I will punish you. So that you learn some lessons and find someone who can stick with you and your notorious activities."

"Ah. Lapin..... please do not do this to me. You know very well that I will not give a fuck to any women even if she gets angry with me. This is not going to help me find a women. Please."

I had already freshened up by this time while he kept shouting and whining outside the bathroom door. I was just about to take my car keys from my bedside table, when he took the keys from there.

"Please. I will never do that again."

"On one condition. I want you to give a chance to yourself in love life. And take care of everyone for me. Take care of mom and Adde and dad. Mom will still show her feelings, but dad and Adde will not. Okay? "

"Okay." He said hugging me. "Love you sœur."

"Take care of yourself too cher frère." I said him enjoying the warmth and safety I felt near my brother.

I drived to my place and got ready. I had already packed my bags and my family was to drop me at the airport. After giving the instructions to my staff at the cafe and threatening both my brothers to take care of it in my absence, I left for the airport.

After a sentimental good bye with my family, going through all the procedures and everything I was finally inside the flight. Just 8 hours more and then I would be in the New York City. I was both excited and nervous. I just couldn't wait to reach the city and discover the place and of course have my work known to the world around me.