H3

Freddie POV

It's nothing like Brian to be late to rehearsal. We had been waiting for about half an hour before I went to check on him. It was only a fifteen minute drive to Brian's place, so it wasn't a big deal if he arrived while I was gone. I parked my car and knocked on the door.

'Bri? Open up, badger boy! Important meetings to attend!' 

No answer, which was strange. Usually Brian was up at seven am to listen to birds or something like that. Luckily, Bri had told us about the emergency key a few weeks ago, so I checked to see if it was still underneath the flower pot by the window.
Only a few moments later, I stepped inside Brian's appartment. I never really got a chance to look around without being disturbed, so this would be the day. In the living room was a blue couch, facing a small tv. Next to the tv was a cabinet, on top of which a record player was placed. In the cabinet was a collection of records. I wandered around the place, looking at pictures of his family and the band, opening drawers and cupboards. Finally, not having found Brian in this part of the place, I opened the last door: the door to his bedroom.

The room was a mess. Tissues were all over the place; the bed wasn't made; his entire wardrobe seemed to be on the floor and furniture and laying in bed, covers pulled over his head, was Brian. 

'Brian, are you all right? We've been waiting for you for half an hour.' 

'Freddie? What are you doing here? How did you get in?' 

He got up and fanatically started picking up pieces of clothing and tissues. I could see that his eyes were red and puffy, so he had been crying. 

'I'm fine, I just overslept. Please, I'll be right there. I need to freshen up a bit, meet me in the living room, okay?' 

Still confused and worried, I turned and went back to the living room. I faintly heard Brian curse and tripping over stuff, which kind of made me giggle, though that wasn't fair, for he must have had a sleepless night. I decided to cut him some slack for being late for the rehearsal; it didn't happen to him often, and if it did, there was always a good reason why. I had a feeling that this time it would be a good story. 

* Later in the studio * 

Roger POV

When Freddie and Brian arrived, it was twelve am already. John and I had gotten all of us sandwiches and we let Brian explain before yelling at him for being late. Freddie told us in what state he had found Brian, and I saw what he meant by 'messed up', for Brian looked pale and his eyes were baggy. Then it was the tall guy's turn to tell us what happened. 

'When I got home, I had this terrible dream about you guys. You were kidnapped by Jerry, because you didn't replace me for him when he auditioned to be in the band. Fred, Deacs- they had hurt you quite badly, but Rog was nearly beaten up to death. I was at a concert, but you guys weren't there so I had to play on my own. When I took a break to ask Jerry where you guys were, he kidnapped me. They took me to see you three first, but then they singled out me and Roger. They made me watch Jerry kill Roger. It was terrible, I woke up when the blade cut through his flesh. I think I had some sort of panic attack, becausethe next thing I remember is Freddie asking me if I'm all right. I'm truly sorry for being late, it won't happen again..'

He lowered his head as though he were in shame and he started to cry a little, but John walked up to him and put an arm around his shoulders, comforting him. 

'It's okay, Bri. It's not your fault. You are safe now, and so are Freddie, Roger and me. There's no need to worry, it's all good.'

Deacy truly has a quality, for Brian calmed down and wiped his tears away. God, I hated to see him cry, I wanted to hurt the people who had done this to him, though I couldn't hurt poor Jerry for something he had done in somebody else's subconcious. There was one more thing I wanted to do: I just wanted to put him on a couch and wrap him in some blankets and feed him grass or whatever vegetarians eat as he watched his favourite science fiction movie. This, of course, also couldn't happen. Brian can't find out I like him, or maybe this is more than just a crush? I am completely lost in having butterflies every time I see Brian, every time he talks or looks at me. At this point I hardly know which of the things in my head are real and which are not. I just hoped I hid it well enough for Brian not to notice, though it's really difficult. I have to look at him every day, knowing he isn't mine and probably never will be. 
Freddie placed his hand on my shoulder, gesturing it was time to start playing. Another day passes without any of the guys knowing; keeping my love for Brian a secret has been the most heart breaking thing I ever had to do. 

We played My Fairy King, so I had to keep it together to be able to hit the high notes. I couldn't stop looking at Brian, he looked very handsome playing his guitar. Yes, handsome, even though he was wearing green shorts, even though he had kicked off his clogs halfway trough the song, even though he looked like he hadn't slept in ages. He still looked sexy, but I think most people would have called me crazy and avoided any eye contact. One time, he caught me staring at him. I blushed and quickly turned away my head, but he looked at me with a confused lookk on his face, so I figured he had seen my face turn red. I didn't look his way the rest of the rehearsal, fearing he might suspect something. 

At the end of the day, Fred exclaimed he was going to hit a few bars. Deacy also wanted to go, and Brian joined as well. 

'Roger, darling, aren't you coming? You love drinking and a good shag, don't you?' 
'Come on Rog, it seems you are the odd one out now instead of me!'
'Even Deacy says you have to come, Rog! I't will be fun! I promise I won't talk about badgers.'

This made me laugh, for Brian always talked about badgers, wether he said he wasn't going to or not. He looked hopeful, as though he wanted me to go for some other reason than not to be stuck with two drunk lovebirds, who might just hook up when they're drunk, I'm pretty sure that will happen at least once in the remainder of the year. Brian looked quite sad, like a puppy, when he saw me hesitate for so long, which made me decide quickly.

'I'll go, just a few drinks wouldn't hurt, right?'