Chapter 3

I arrived at the place David was talking about. Wow. He really made the building his own. From what I remember. The building had a massive fire that was caused by one of the residents. Gas leak or a candle left unchecked. I don't quite remember the specifics. What I do remember was that the building took a beating and was on the brink of being demolished. I guess its safe to say that Mr. Park saved the building. He turned it into this fancy hotel.

The code

It had these fancy chandeliers when you walk into the lobby. Music everywhere. Antiques inside glass walls. David is a frickin' billionaire! I didn't find success but he sure as hell did!

I walked up to the desk and rang the bell. There was no one there. For a few seconds I waited, A lady in a red uniform ran towards the desk like there was no tomorrow.

"Hey! Slow down! I can wait for a couple of more seconds. You don't have to rush!" I yelled since the lady was coming from the farthest side of the lobby. She brushed me off and kept running. She ran faster and faster up until she reached the desk.

"I deeply apologize for the inconvenience sir. If you wish to report this incident you can leave a comment on the screen right next to the couch".

She was still panting. I felt sorry for her. I could have just waited until she came back. She's sweating all over. Thats not good for her since judging from the way she looks. She just started her shift and that she has a lot more stuff to do.

"I told you could have waited. Why rush? I'm a patient man. Look at you, all sweaty and trying to grasp for air. Have some water will you?"

"You don't understand sir. The management is very strict. I appreciate the concern. Now, are you going to rent a room or just visit someone?" She smiled and kept the conversation professional and decent.

"Mr. David Park called me."

Shocked. That was the expression painted on her face. I guess my friend runs the business with an iron fist. No exchange of words. She escorted me to the elevator. Damn, its so silent. She's emitting a different vibe from before. It feels like I'm choking. Its hostile environment and I am not welcome here. She pressed a button with no number written on it. I guess he has an entire floor just for him.

We reached our destination. Again, no words. The door opened and she just stood there with her down. The place was luxurious. I figured that this was my stop and she wasn't allowed to set foot on that floor. I stepped out of the elevator. She hastily pushed the close button and went down. Thats weird, David isn't the type of person who is very strict. Then I started to wonder why the lady was afraid. I heard a door open and a cough of a man.