Chapter 4

"I guess you made it! So, what do you think of the place?"

I spun around observing all the fancy things that he had. One object struck me. I saw this old laptop sitting there. Well it wasnt too old that it would look like it came from the prehistoric era.

"I guess out of all the fancy things that you have here. You still have that?" I pointed at the laptop.

"Yeah well, its what got me to where I am today. It served me well. It still works. I just dont want to beat him up with a lot of work again. So I put him there to remind me to keep working hard."

He was happy. Wearing a smile that is filled with pride and happiness. I couldn't really see or think of a reason why David would get the idea of committing suicide. He is living the dream.

"Well dont just stand there. Have a seat! Lets chill out and take our time. If you have work to do I'll pay you triple the amount of money that you'll receive on that project!"

"You dont have to man. I dont have anything to do anyways. So might as well help a brother out right?"

He went silent. Really silent. You know the silence that makes your head ring and it hurts? Thats the silence we have. It was truly agonizing. He was moving slowly, the prideful face that he had awhile ago disappeared. His head was down. A very sad energy was spreading across the room.

"What happened man?"

I asked with caution.

He sat down across from where I was sitting. Looked up to me. He had a very sad look that was showing on his face. We locked eyes. Hesitantly he opened up the conversation.

"This sucks man, you know? I have everything one can want. Fame, fortune, friends but why do I miss something. Why am I missing out on something? What really hurts is that I cant figure out on what I was missing out on. After college, I got signed on being the head executive of Pro Target. It was a huge company. They had merchandise on every single country! Things went for the better since I was doing an excellent job. Then I was given the position of CEO of the company. Been the CEO ever since. Still though. I still have this empty feeling in my chest. I can't seem to fill. I bought this building since it helped me fight the sad moments that I had with my life. So, I figured maybe it can help me again. Im saddened that it didn't work out that way. I planned to make the building my house but I found a business opportunity. Thus, the hotel was born. Well enough of me. How about you? How are you holding out on the wilderness that is called the real world?

"Me? Well nothing much happened since the university. I graduated at only summa cum laude. Remember? I had quite the start! Hahaha!! I was offered to work at Singapore. I tested it out! Man, that was fun but I felt homesick so I went back home. I stayed at Houston to stay with my parents for a while. I saved up enough money to give them a business to work with. I think they set up a dairy farm. They haven't called me to ask for money ever since! Hahah! Right now I'm trying to start my own company. I'm already making the prototypes of my games that I'll be working on. Well that's me since the university.

"Wife? Kids? Got any?"

I laughed at his question then drank the cup of water that has been prepared beforehand.

"Well. You got me man. If you need someone to talk to. I'm here. Maybe we can figure out the solution to that hole that you have in your chest."

"Thanks man. I appreciate it. Hey. I'm interested on that company you want to start. Maybe we can talk about being partners another time."

The whole afternoon up until evening we talked about how life was getting easier for us. We kept barking at each other. Boasting about the projects that we had that became successful and at the same time laughed at the funniest and most embarrassing things that we did. It was fun being reunited with my friend.  After that I went home and rested.

"What a very tiring day."