13

Amy's Pov

They had me stuck in this room for a few days, I still have another 3 days here. They gave me a box that had a picture of the baby. She was a girl. Mark had his wish, but that monster took her away from us.

"Baby," Mark said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I want to go home." I looked at him.

"Not yet princess. They still need to watch you." He looked so sad.

"Who is that monster? I know you have a lead."

"His name is Geza Ford, his son was 23 when a bomb that I instructed to go off killed him. That was my first solo project. He was not to be around the area as it was a testing site but apparently he wants able to read and walked into the restricted area."

"He blames you."

"Yeah. Carl found his work and is working on his house. He has a little boy and a wife."

"Don't hurt the kid."

He looked up at me, he must keep forgetting I am an innocent. We don't hurt kids, even in this situation.

"The kids did nothing wrong, only hurt Geza." My voice was strong.

"As you wish." He kissed my hand.

"I know this is not the normal way but, the kid does not deserve to pay for what his asshole of a father did. Thank you."

We laid in the hospital bed watching tv, Mark put all of his deals on hold until I am better. How do you recover from being shot and losing your child?

"I love you so much." He said once again pulling me from my thoughts. " I don't know how you are going to take this, but I want to see if you want to keep this."

He got off of the bed and pulled out the stuffed monkey that we got our baby that day.

"Do you want me to keep it?" His voice was low.

I felt the tears well up in my eyes, I reached for the toy. He handed it over letting me smother it from holding it. This is the only thing I have for my baby, we donated everything else to the homeless kids. The shelters can always use that stuff.

"We can keep it if you want." He said sitting back down on the bed with me.

"Please."

"Of course, Princess."

He wrapped his arms around me holding onto me. He played with my hair as I fell asleep in his arms.

"Mr. Mark, Miss. Amy." Carl said walking into the room.

"Come in," Mark said.

"We found him, he wasn't at work but I have his home address. I have a team going out now to get him."

"I want him in the room, he is to stay there, permanently." Mark's voice was strong again, there was a fire in his eyes.

"Yes, sir. They are to contact me when they have him, and when he is in the room."

"Report back to me both."

"Yes, sir." Carl's face softens as looked at me asking, "how are you, Miss. Amy?"

I showed him the stuffed monkey. A small smile formed on his face but it quickly vanished when he realized whose monkey it is.

"She would have loved you, Carl. You would have thought her all the things we didn't want her to know." I said forcing a small smirk.

"I would have thought her to be the badass that is in her blood. She would have been a joy to have."

"Who all knows?"