Chapter 5

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Butterflies and zebras and moonbeams and fairy tales, that's all she ever thinks about. ~ J.H

The phone rang throughout the Kiszka's home but it was barely audible over the sizzling of bacon and the clattering of pots and pans. Karen danced around the kitchen as she whipped up breakfast, Kelly hurried to the phone and motioned to his wife to quiet down.

"Hello?"

"Danny left home last night." Said the voice of a worried mother.

"Oh, uhhh, I'm sorry to hear that." Kelly didn't know how to respond and his morning exhaustion wasn't helping.

"I was hoping that maybe he stayed with you? God, he's been sneaking out more and being more secretive and I-" she choked up a bit.

"Ms. Wagner I'm sure your son is just fine, I'll call back as soon as I get any information." They said their goodbyes and hung up, Kelly sighed and pressed his temples together. "That woman is too hard on Danny, he's 19, he can do what he wants now."

"Just because he an adult doesn't mean he has the right to run away and not tell anyone," Karen said as she stirred at pot of grits, "imagine how we would feel if our boys did that?"

"I guess you're right."

"Oh, honey," Karen kissed her husbands cheek, "of course I am! Now go tell them it's time for breakfast."

Kelly banged on their bedroom doors, "Come on! It's 10 o'clock you guys never sleep this late!"

No response.

"Jake, Josh?" Kellyasked suspiciously. He peered through their bedroom doors.

No one. They were gone.

              ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Sammy took a sip of his tea and closed his eyes, taking in the morning sun rise. No one else was awake, but that wasn't surprising considering it was a Saturday morning, everyone was sleeping in. Sammy fell asleep right after the show ended from last night, but the rest of the boys stayed up. He wasn't much of a partier.

"Hey Sam! Where's Iris?"

Sammy opened his tired eyes, "Goodmorning to you too, Lilla."

The girl was still in her pajamas, a pair of baggy sweat pants and a One Direction T-shirt. She grabbed a mug from the cabinet and plugged in the coffee maker.

"Iris is still asleep." Sammy said. He watched her as she tried to work the coffee maker, she clearly had no idea how to do it. She pressed a couple of buttons and smacked the side of the machine in hopes of getting it to work. Sammy chuckled and got up from his seat at the kitchen table, the sun light glinted across his brown eyes.