Chapter Six

"Jen! Supper time, hun!" My mom called down to me.

I sighed. "Coming!" I yelled back to her, then ran upstairs.

After a quick supper, I went back to my bedroom. I found my phone was ringing, so I answered it.

"Hello can I please speak to Jeanette Dalhousie?" Said a voice I didnt recognize on the other end.

"Speaking. Who is this?" I asked.

"Ah Jennette this is Tristan. Tristan Star. The head of rising star recording studios?" He said, with confusion in his voice.

"Why did you call me? Did I do something?" I asked, franticly.

He chuckled. "Not at all Jennette! We would like to offer you a recording deal with our label. What do you say?"

I was awestruck. This had always been my life's dream, and it was coming true. But I didn't know why.

" Mr star?" I asked uncertainly. "Could I get back to you on that? This is something I really need to think through."

"Ah. If course Mrs. Dalhousie. Can you call me back...say...tomorrow ?" He asked.

I smiled. "Of course. May I ask why you decided to offer me a recording deal?"

"Of course Jennette. We chose you off of the disk that your friend, or should I say boyfriend, Jacob sent in."

Of course. "Thank you Mr. Star. I will get back to you on that tomorrow." I said, then hung up.

Now it's hard to sinking in. Oh my god. I was just offered a record deal with the label rising star! "Aaaaahhh!" I squealed.

My mom was down in a flash. "Whats wrong, Jen?" She asked worrydly.

"I WAS JUST OFFERED A RECORD DEAL WITH RISING STAR!" I exclaimed excitidly.

My mom frowned at me. "Don't lie to me. Tell me what happened." She said in a distastefull voice.

I filled her in on the phone call with the head of rising star. I left Jake out, though.

"Wait...you're serious?" Mom asked, dazed.

I nodded. A smile spread across her face. She looked genuinly happy.

"My baby! My baby's going to be a superstar! A superstar!" Mom squealed.

We were both so happy. This had always been my dream. And now it was coming true.

I had a sleepless night. No weird blackouts with Jake. But I kept on having the same dream over and over again.

I was singing some song on a darkened stage. The only light in the whole stadium was from the spotlight that was trained on me.

You feel me move|I close my eyes| Something tells me I have to try|To fall asleep|To stay alive| This isn't my time to go| oh oh, no oh oh.|

When I sang 'go', my voice cracked. Everyone started booing.

I looked up to the directing room. My manager shook his head sadly. He made a gesture to the technical guy, and my spotlight sputtered out.

I woke up with a gasp. That is not going to happen. I tried to tell myself. Chillax.

It wasn't working.

A/N- You might be wondering why that came out of nowhere. Sorry. I'll explain that in the next chapter.