Chapter Eleven

It went on like that for a few weeks. When I started recording, I had to tell the school. It was weird.

Everyone started being nice to me. I became popular. I had a bunch of friends all of the sudden. I loved it.

I had guys asking me out. Girls asking me for advice. Teachers showing obvious preferance for me.

However, the friends I had before the spotlight were dwindling. They didn't care that I was famous. They didn't care I was popular. They only cared that I didn't have time for them. That I was snubbing them. So, they just...dissapeared.

I was letting my school grades slip. I couldn't help it. My teachers didn't care, however. They just said that I didn't practice enough.

Me and Jacob were strong as ever. His tanned hand on my pale one. His chocolate brown hair against my moussy brown hair. His blue-green eye locked on my yellowish ones. It was the cover of my new album, To Stay Alive.

You feel me move|I close my eyes| Something tells me I have to try|To fall asleep|To stay alive| This isn't my time to go| oh oh, no oh oh.| That was the song the album was named after.

Jacob ended up being my partner. We sang most of my choruses together. Our voices in perfect harmony, and we were unstoppable.

We ended up doing recording twice a week. Every other day, we were writing and practicing. Mr. Star, or Tristan(we were on first name terms now), was extremly happy. He was planning a tour.

The best day ever was when I heard my song The World on the radio. I had been at the mall, and they announced the most popular breakthrough artist.

Your blue-green eyes|just like the grass and sky|your hand in mine|through all the world|the way you smile|across the miles|we'll be getting wild|through the world| you're my world

I had been alone, but Jake had appeared beside me. Congrats. He thought to me. We made it. I was so happy.

All good things must come to an end.

I pushed that thought aside, and drove to the studio.

We had told Tristan about being on the radio. He was so happy for us. "Now we need to make a music video!" He said cheerfully. I looked at him, then at Jake.

"We need music videos for the songs from Stay Alive." Jake said. Tristan and I agreed.

For the song Stay Alive, we were going to do something revolving around abuse. For The World, we had been trying to decide between a romantic beach video or a picnic in a park. And for Unstoppable...well, we didn't know.

We wrote down our ideas, and all went seperate ways. Tristan to organize recording dates, Jake to go back to school, and me...to tutoring.