CHAPTER - 2

Reva tried to get a hold of herself, breathing in and out slowly. Panicking would not help; this was new information about Loki that no one here knew. He could manipulate things outside the cage. It was a possible security threat.

"Tell me about yourself, Reva," he crooned seductively, looking superbly delighted in her reactions. "We've been discussing only about me so far. Very unfair."

The invisible hand on her knee didn't move, but its grip tightened.

"I-I am just a young psychologist in New York, trying to make a successful life for myself."

"More." He was looking at her avidly as if hanging onto her every word.

"My parents are both doctors. They divorced when I was seventeen." She spoke rapidly and tried to add as much random information about herself as possible. "I have a younger sister, studying to become a doctor as well."

"I have no interest in your family of healers, tell me about yourself. What interests you?"

"You mean, like hobbies?"

He nodded.

The hand eased its grip and languidly caressed her knee now, sending jolts of sensation all through her body. Keeping still was becoming difficult.

"I like making art. Nothing spectacular, just sketching once in a while. I think I can sing decently when the mood strikes. I also love the internet."

She knew she was pretty much rambling now, just to please him.

"More," he demanded, as she felt another hand on her shoulder, slowly creeping to her neck.

"L-Loki, what are you-"

"Tell me more." Loki's hands were still twiddling away, manipulating the invisible hands on her. Reva wondered if she should move now, feeling the hand fiddling with her shirt's collar.

"I have few friends, most of them are scattered all over the mainland, though. I want to travel when I have enough time and money. True vacation, in a sense." She gulped and then continued. "Presently, the only vacation I can manage is visiting an ancestral Victorian style cottage in the middle nowhere, in Oregon."

Both his hands moved, the one on the knee crept up her leg, and the other one clasped its long fingers around her neck. Their touch was gentle and oh so sensual.

'Move!' her subconscious shouted at her, but she was suddenly frozen in place.

"I see," said Loki, now whispering directly in her ear. An odd sensation crept up her spine while she listened to his silky voice. She chalked it as her response to being utterly terrified.

Her whole body gave an involuntary shudder. She tried to remind herself that this was just a trick, that Loki was still inside the cage, but it wasn't comforting her.

"Do you have any suitors, Reva?"

She was taken aback by that question, and flustered. Her name on his lips was pure sin, sending jolts of pleasure right between her legs.

"What? No... No suitors."

He laughed quietly in her ear, rousing both terror and lust within her.

"What a waste of time. A pretty woman should not be left alone for long." Oh, his husky whispers were killing her now, so much that she momentarily forgot about his hands.

"I-I want to move now," she said, mostly to herself.

The hand on her neck tightened a little, but not enough to hurt. "Then move, nothing stops you, little one."