seven: before

Niall and Liam's homework plan hadn't exactly gone as planned. First off, eating dinner had taken much longer than either boy an anticipated. They had both been too focused on staring at each other, looking at how each other's lips moved when they ate, watching their faces.

Then the homework aspect. Niall hadn't been very focused when they started. he was more concerned with kissing Liam. (Liam really didn't have a problem with that, but he wanted to make sure Niall was okay with all of his work.)

"Niall, c'mon," Liam whined every few minutes. "You need to get your work done. Work, then I'll kiss you."

At those words, Niall would just rejoin their lips and that would be the end of conversation for the next ten minutes.

-

It took Niall approximately three days to get all of his school work made up and be able to face Liam again. What if Liam liking him was just a spur of the moment thing? What if Liam really was just playing him?

He tried to push those thoughts out of his mind. If liam liked him, he should believe him. No one had ever liked him before. (It was explainable why he was so nervous.)

As usual, Niall strolled into the music room during lunch and threw his sack onto the piano. A new week, a new song. This one had been going a lot smoother than his past work. (Niall liked to call it his Liam song. It was based off of Liam, after all.)

No one walked in to interuppt Niall today. Liam never came in. The blonde had become so accustom to Liam strolling in and interrupting Niall's practice, he hadn't realized how much he actually loved it.

Niall tried his best to resist the urge to text Liam and ask where he was. If Liam wanted Niall to know that he wasn't coming today, he would have told him. Liam had priorites. Niall wasn't one of them. (Secretly, Niall cried over that fact.)

Maybe he was sick? Maybe Liam slept in? There were a million different reasons why Liam could just not be in school, and Niall couldn't possibly think of all of them.

Sighing again, he began working on his ''Liam song.''

-

"Niall!" He heard his voice being called in the school parking lot. "Niall, over here!"

Niall looked around for the voice calling his name, and he finally caught eyes with Liam. "Hey," Niall breathed as he looked up at Liam. "Where have you been today? I was a bit worried." Why why why did I say that. He wasn't supposed to know I was worried about him. God!

"You were worried, you say?" Liam teased. "I felt like skipping, so I did. I meant to text you, but I couldn't find my phone. I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" Niall forced out a laugh. He was happy that his (his?) Liam was okay.

"Worrying you," Liam laughed a bit and pulled Niall into his arms. He kissed the top of his head. "Would you like to go to the mall and let me buy you a gift to make up for it?" He asked cheekily.

"Oh!" Niall suddenly exclaimed and pushed himself away from Liam. "I have a gift for you!" He scambled through his school bag to find the small CD case. "Your demo, my love."

"Thank you!" Liam almost shouted. He pulled Niall back close to him and hugged him tightly. "You are amazing. You're perfect. Oh my god, you seriously did this?!"

"It was the reason I was a bit behind on my school work," Niall blushed and looked at the ground. "I finished it about three days ago.''

"This is amazing," Liam gushed and kissed Niall again, this time on the lips. "Now I really need to get you a present."

"You don't need to!" Niall protested. He didn't exactly like the idea of Liam spending his money on him.

"I want to. Now get in my car before it looks like I'm kidnapping you!" Liam winked.

-

Liam did take Niall to the mall, after much protesting. ("I don't want to spend your money!") He had practically dragged Niall inside. "Just pick out something you like," Liam begged. "Humor me."

"Fine," Niall huffed. He grabbed Liam's hand and pulled him inside the nearest music store. "I just want the new Ed Sheeran album. That is all."

It took less than five minutes to find it, and they were out of the mall again in ten minutes. "Thank you," Niall smiled softly. "I really kinda wanted this."

"I like you, Niall," Liam grinned. "I want to spend money on you. I'll remember you when I'm famous," he joked.

"Please don't forget about me," Niall murmured into Liam's chest. "I'd like for you to remember me."

"I could never, ever forget about you, Ni. You're too special. I want you to remember me, yeah?"

"X Factor is only like four months away, you know? They'll be here soon for auditions. You need to pick your song," Niall pointed out. The couple probably looked odd, locked in each others' arms and having a serious conversation in a mall parking lot.

"I think I want to do something by Michael Bublé?" Liam asked, as if he wanted Niall's approval.

"I like that. It fits you. Do 'Cry Me a River.'" Niall told him as he pulled away. "We look a little odd, and I've got to get going. Can you take me home?"

"I don't really want to," Liam sighed dejectedly. "But if I must, I will. I might just drive extra slow."

"I really, really don't have a problem with that," Niall smiled.

"So Michael Bublé?" Liam asked as he sat down in the driver's seat.

"I like Bublé. He's lovely. And you have the voice for it," Niall mused. "You could pull it off. Few can, but you could."

"I like the faith you have in me, Niall," Liam grinned. Niall only laughed and kissed his cheek.

•-•

wow this is shit

but i really like how this is headed

hmmm we're getting to the good stuff soon

i have history homework to do, ew

but i decided to write this first

oh well

what do you think?

comment!!!!!!!

baiiii

1056 words

(22/09/14)