1

Cairo's POV

It's over.

I'm done.

Everything I've worked so hard for is over.

"I'm so sorry Cairo." The doctor says right before the door burst open and all the girls, the team, and the coaching staff come into the hospital room and they start shouting questions.

"SHUT UP" I yell after having enough of the questions and the room gets silent and everyone looks at me stunned. "Just please...shut up." I whisper before bursting into tears.

"Mommy" I hear Isabella say and she makes grabby hands so Lindsey picks her up.

"Mama" Isabella says and reaches for me so I take her and set her on my lap.

"Hi Bella Boo." I say and try to smile through the tears.

Isabella puts her small hands on my face and looks it over

"You otay?" She asks.

"No sweetie I got hurt today."

I promised myself I would never lie to my daughter.

"You get a owie?"

"Yes baby I did."

"Where?"

"Right here." I say and point to my heart.

Isabella then leans in and kisses my heart which makes me cry even harder.

"All better." Isabella says and smiles at me.

"Thank you baby." I say and hug my little girl.

"Hey Bella." Lindsey's dad comes over now. "Why don't grandma and I take you to get some ice cream."

"ICE CREAM" Isabella shouts and jumps into her grandpa's arms.

I mouth a thank you to him and he nods then takes Isabella out of the room.

"What is going on?" Lindsey asks as she wipes my tears.

I just shake my head.

"Doctor what is going on?" Jill asks.

"Well as you know Cairo fainted and when we got her here we discovered that Cairo has Long QT Syndrome."

"Shit." Dawn says.

"Is it permanent?" Lindsey asks.

"Yes Ma'am." The doctor says and I hear a bunch of gasps.

"What does this mean for her career?" Jill asks.

"I'm done." I say and everybody looks at me now. "It's over."

"She can still play..." The doctor goes to say.

"But?" Christen asks.

"But if this happens again then Cairo could go into cardiac arrest." The doctor finishes then looks around the room. "I'll leave you ladies to talk and I'll be back with your discharge papers." He then leaves and Dawn and Jill follow him out of the room leaving the room silent.

When I've had enough of the silence I grab Lindsey's hand and pull her closer to me.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"What? Why?" She says and looks at me confused.

"I knew."

"You knew what?"

"You know the thing he said I have?"

"Yeah Long QT Syndrome."

"I've known since I was 15...I'm sorry. I should've told you...I'm so sorry." I say and start to cry.