ALBUM REVIEW: Decipher by After Forever

Because I like Floor Jansen and I've heard that this was a good band, I decided to try listening to one of After Forever's albums. I had only heard a few songs by them before listening to this (Decipher was their second album). 

Tracklist: 

1. Ex Cathedra (Overture) 

2. Monolith of Doubt 

3. My Pledge of Allegiance #1 (The Sealed Fate) 

4. Emphasis 

5. Intrinsic 

6. Zenith 

7. Estranged (A Timeless Spell) 

8. Imperfect Tenses 

9. My Pledge of Allegiance #2 (The Tempted Fate) 

10. The Key 

11. Forlorn Hope 

 I'm going to start off by stating that I thought this was a fantastic album. I'm serious. The songs were well-written, and I liked that they used classical instruments and a choir to back them up. But I'd say that the best thing about the album was most definitely Floor's singing. 

 I've already heard her with Nightwish and ReVamp, and she has been great with both without a doubt, but this is the best that I have heard her sing so far. This is an album that truly showed Floor's vocal strengths, and I really hope that in the future Nightwish might make albums that really show off what a great singer Floor is like Decipher did. 

 If you are a fan of any group Floor has been in or performed with but you've never listened to After Forever, Decipher is a great place to start!