My Top 10 2019 Albums (+ Most Anticipated for 2020)

I was going to include my top ten albums from 2019 in the last chapter, but I completely forgot while I was writing it. This is what I decided on: 

1. Black Anima by Lacuna Coil 

2. Song the Night Sings by The Dark Element 

3. Ategnatos by Eluveitie 

4. De Rerum Natura by Moonlight Haze 

5. Waltzing in Obscurity by Noekk 

6. Veil of Imagination by Wilderun 

7.  Human by Darkwater

8. In the Raw by Tarja 

9. No Halos in Hell by CyHra 

10. The Door to Doom by Candlemass

Honorable Mentions

Wanderers by Visions of Atlantis 

Dynamind by Edenbridge 

Out of Connection by Sinheresy 

Spiritual Instinct by Alcest 

The Ghost I Am by Dawn of Eternity 

 I'm doing some rewriting here on my most anticipated for 2020, because I recently found out about a couple of bands with plans for 2020 albums that I had no idea about, so I'm just going to go in alphabetical order along my most anticipated:  

Amaranthe: I know they're out on tour right now, but it sounds like they might have plans for a new album this year. A new album from them is one I would be really excited for, because they're a great band and all of their albums have been good so far. 

Conception: As a fan of Kamelot, I was excited to hear that Roy Khan was returning to the metal scene with Conception, a band he was the singer of in the 1990s before he joined Kamelot. I had never listened to Conception before, but they're a good band, and I am anticipating their next album, which is supposed to be coming out sometime this year. 

Dark Sarah: Since they began recording their next album back in the autumn, I'm assuming it's coming out sometime this year. I really enjoyed the first three albums, and after the way The Golden Moth ended, I'm curious to see what Heidi Parviainen has come up with for the next storyline. 

Empyrium: Empyrium announced that they are definitely releasing a new album in 2020. When in 2020 hasn't been said yet, but this is definitely one of my most anticipated. I love their music, and I can't wait to hear what the new album is going to sound like. 

Epica: Epica is apparently getting ready to record their eighth album, and by time it's released it'll probably have been around four years since their last album, and I'm sure by then all of their fans will be ready to hear new music from them. They are a band that has been consistently good throughout the years, so I'm not too worried about this album being bad. 

Nightwish: I'm sure everyone knows by now, but the album Human :||: Nature is coming out April 10th. Now that the title and tracklist have been announced, I'm not sure what to think. The first disc has nine songs with titles like "Noise", "Tribal" and "Procession", and the second disc is one long song divided into multiple parts. It apparently also explores themes similar to Endless Forms Most Beautiful, my least favorite Nightwish album (not that I think it was bad, I just don't think it was one of their better ones). But now I'm really interested to find out what this album is all about. 

Paradise Lost: The band announced back in October that they would start recording their next album that month. I assumed that it's going to be something similar to their last two albums, The Plague Within and Medusa (both were good, but not among my favorites), but Gregor Mackintosh said in an interview that the album will be a mix of different things, or different styles. I love their gothic metal/rock albums from the late 90s and 2000s, so I hope there will be some of that on the album. 

Sirenia: They apparently do plan to release a new album sometime this year, but I imagine it wouldn't be until the summer or fall. I think Emmanuelle Zoldan is the best female vocalist Sirenia has had, and I think Dim Days of Dolor and Arcane Astral Aeons are two of their best albums. I would love to hear what music they'll be putting out next. 

 Those are all of my most anticipated. It also sounds like we're definitely getting a new album from Moonlight Haze this year, and possibly a new one from Walk in Darkness, both of which I would be very excited for. There are others coming soon that I plan to listen to, but I'll just have to wait and see if anymore 'most anticipated' will show up.