This Phantom of the Opera Rendition

If there's one thing to know about me, it's that I am a huge fan of the musical The Phantom of the Opera. In fact, that was how I first discovered Nightwish; their cover of the title song was the first thing I heard by them. 

 Floor Jansen was recently a Dutch show called "Beste Zangers". I don't know what exactly the show is, but it looks to be some kind of singing competition. On the show, Floor performed this rendition of "The Phantom of the Opera" with Henk Poort: 

 I think this video was only posted within the past week or so, but it already has over two million views. When I saw it yesterday, I immediately watched it, given the pair-up, and I think it actually exceeded my already high expectations. 

 First off, Floor is amazing. That wasn't too surprising since she's usually amazing, but she looks great, sounds fantastic, and she hit that last high note at the end perfectly. 

 I don't know how many people who watched the video know this, but Henk Poort actually played the Phantom in the Dutch production of the musical back in the 90s. If you listen to the original Dutch cast recording (which you can find on YouTube), that's him. And I will tell you, of all the Phantom actors I have listened to, he is one of the absolute best I've ever heard. That cast recording was made in 1993, too, so it's great to see Henk has still got it twenty-six years later, because he sounds awesome here. 

 It would be amazing if Nightwish played this live again with Floor and Henk singing it. I know it's been a long time since the last time the band played "The Phantom of the Opera" live, so I don't know if they would want to do it, but then again, last year they had a whole tour mainly of songs from their early albums, so maybe there's a chance!