Chapter 9: Tunnel Vision

"Hey, I'll lower this walkway for ya!" Elena said and she goes and lowers a mechanical bridge nearby after we make our way towards the water tower. "Think I can make it." Nate said and he jumps on to the mechanical bridge. "Perfect." Elena said. "Ah, not bad for last year's model." Nate teased her. "Been waitin' to use that." Elena said as Cole and I jump on the bridge as well. Nate, Elena, Cole and I climb up to the water tower. "Nice, we're at the water tower." Cole said. "Yep, we made it." I chuckled.

"All right, stay low." Nate ordered and all of us crouch down and hide behind a wall then we look down on the trainyard below. "So, you got a Plan B?" Elena asked Nate. "I'm working on it." Nate said as I take out a pair of binoculars and looks through them, seeing a soldier driving a truck and another soldier patrolling nearby. I move further up and see Harry and Chloe standing by a train. "There she is." I said as I hand the binoculars to Nate and he looks through them as Harry pushes Chloe onto the train.

"Flynn's got her." He said as looks through the binoculars again. "Second thoughts?" Cole asked him. "No. Okay. They're about to take this show on the road, so we're gonna have to move fast. Now (y/n) and I are going down there alone -"

"Nate -"

"Wait, wait, wait - just listen. You never listen." Nate nagged at her and she scoff at this. "Meanwhile, you and Cole are going to go over there, snag us one of those nice-looking--"

"4x4s..." he and Elena said in unison.

"You're gonna be the wheelman. (Y/n) and I'll sneak in, grab Chloe, and you two will come in right behind us -" Nate starts to explain. "'--with the getaway car." Elena and Cole said. "Yep, got it. Got it?" Elena asked Nate and I. "Got it." Nate and I said. "Go." Elena said as her and Cole walk away and jump across to another rooftop nearby. The platform attached to the rooftop collapses.
"You guys all right?" I asked them.

"Whoa... yeah..." Cole calls out. "All right, be careful." Nate said. "All right...we'll see ya when...well, when we see ya..." Elena said and she and Cole run off down a fire escape.

"Ah, they're taking the easy way down." I said while Nate and I use a zipline to reach the ground. "I love the smell of train yards in the morning." Nate said after he let's out a sigh. Then we push away a cart blocking the warehouse and push open the doors to the warehouse. "Let's get up here for a better look." I said as we climbed up on a train carriage. Then we approach the window and see Lazarevic's train outside. "There's the train. How the hell are we gonna get down there?" Nate asked as he jumps across to another train carriage and I follow him. 

"There's gotta be a way outta here." I said as he and I enter a train carriage on an elevated track. "Maybe we can get this old thing moving." Nate said and he pulls a lever at the end of the carriage and the train starts moving forward. "Uh-oh." Nate mutters. "I don't think you thought this through." I said to him as the train slides down the track and smashes through the warehouse. The carriage derails and slides onto its side on the tracks.

"Way to go, Nate. That didn't attract too much attention." I said with sarcasm. "Yeah..." Nate said as we pull ourselves up and look outside, which makes the guards outside open fire. "Oh-no." We said as Lazarevic's train starts moving. "You assholes are gonna make us miss our train!" I screamed as we fire back at them. "C'mon, Elena." Nate mutters, desperately, as we start taking out the guards in the train yard. But then the train screams past us.

"Damn it, the train's gone." Nate said. "Aw, c'mon Elena and Cole, where are you guys?" I asked as he and I continue shooting the soldiers. "Stop shooting us!" Nate and I screamed at the soldiers just as a military truck drives into the train yard and two heavily-armed soldiers jump down with chainguns. "Shit!" I exclaimed.
"Oh, this is all we need, Twiddledee and Twiddledummer." Nate grumbles as he shoots a couple of soldiers.