Chapter 161-165

Chapter 161: Destined

Mo Han furrowed his eyebrows. "You saw her yesterday?"

"Yeah, just right opposite the company. I met her on the way when I went down to buy coffee."

Mo Han turned silent, and Liu Zhiyuan next to him rubbed his chin and muttered to himself, "Did anything happen to her? Come to think of it, I haven't seen her for a long time. Didn't she come to our office occasionally in the past? She's not coming here anymore lately."

"You're concerned about her?" Mo Han said.

Seeing that Mo Han's expression had changed, Liu Zhiyuan immediately said, "No... no, don't worry, Boss, Xia Xia and I only friends!"

"You call her Xia Xia?" The tone of his voice dropped by a few degrees.

"No... no, Xia Xia told me to call her that. It's not... what I'm saying is..." Seeing his boss slowly cornering him, Liu Zhiyuan could not even speak clearly.

He sighed. "In the beginning, I thought her name was difficult to say, so I told her, shall I call you Xia Xia then, she said anything is fine, whatever suits me. So I kept on calling her that."

"Do you two contact each other a lot in private?" Mo Han asked again.

Liu Zhiyuan shook his head. "Not really, we'll just chat a bit once in a while." His heart went cold went he saw Mo Han's expression, and he decided to stop talking about Mo Han's sister with Mo Han any longer. He was always the one left speechless in the end, so he started to retreat. "That... Boss I remembered that I have something on, I need to go."

Far away from Mo & Associates, Chairman Du sat frowning inside a car. He felt furious whenever he remembered the words that Mo Han had said earlier in the law firm. He had heard that Barrister Mo was a cold-hearted person a long time ago, but he only got to experience how firm Mo Han was for himself when he was there today.

The cases he received would not have any changes from then on as long as they had enough evidence. Of course, even if he did not have enough evidence, he could also look for leads and then firmly stood his ground.

In his five years of being a lawyer, he had not had a single case that had a chance of losing.

"This person Mo Han really doesn't know his own place," Chairman Du looked in front as he spoke, one hand knocking at the car window.

"Exactly as people said," the representative lawyer beside him said.

"Do you know whether he has any weakness?" Chairman Du asked.

"I'm not sure. But according to what I know, a few people that wanted his help were rejected in the past few years. Should we change the tactic, and meanwhile I'll treat the judge to a meal these few days and see whether things can turn for the better?"

Chairman Du stopped him. "Don't be impatient, we should continue working on Mo Han. If things with the judge do not go well, then it'd be even more disadvantageous for us."

The representative lawyer said, "But... it was already like this today..."

Chariman Du smiled. "It's certainly hard to discuss matters with Mo Han, but we can do it from the people close to him."

"People close to him?"

"I heard that Mo Han has a younger sister."

"Oh... I heard about it before too. They don't seem to be blood-related. She was adopted by Mo Han's parents in America, and just came here a while ago."

Chairman Du looked delighted as though he had found something interesting. "Not blood-related?"

"Yup. But actually, the siblings' relationship with each other seems pretty good, his sister often goes to the law firm to play."