Chapter 151-155

Chapter 151: Let Me Go

"I don't think he looked like that though, he sat here beside you and waited for a long time that day. He didn't do anything, and just drank his coffee. I reckon he wanted to wait until you had slept enough, but you slept for too long in the end and he left first."

Xia Qingyi felt that it was a little inappropriate to hear news on Mo Han so abruptly from a stranger. She could see that the girl would keep on chatting and wanted to leave. "That... I still have something on... in the future... when I have time, we can talk."

Xia Qingyi retreated and did not continue to listen to what the girl was saying, leaving as though she was fleeing for her life.

She walked on the road, thought back to what the girl had said when she suddenly remembered something. She stopped in the tracks and her eyes widened before she started to flip through her bag.

No wonder she kept feeling that her sleeping pills had decreased by a lot these few days. She had just started on them, and when she woke up she felt that there was less than half of the bottle left. Now that she thought of it, Mo Han had probably poured the pills away when she was still asleep.

Xia Qingyi held up her phone and wondered whether to give Mo Han a call. But she decided not to in the end. He had not mentioned it to her when he had come probably because he did not want her to discover it. He had also told her not to contact him.

What if he got angry?

She let go of this thought and prepared to return and act as though nothing had happened when Han Liang called her.

"Hello? Where are you?"

"At Linyin Street, I'm coming back soon."

"Don't go home, come to where I am at, I have something for you to do."

"What is it?"

"You'll know when you come. I'm at Someday restaurant, you can take a taxi here."

"Must I go?" Xia Qingyi asked. She thought that Han Liang was going to introduce her to some friends from the past again and chat with them, but she had never liked doing these kind of things.

"Yeah. Just come over."

She could not shirk away from it any longer. "Alright, then wait for me for a while."

After Xia Qingyi hung up, Han Liang shook his phone before the person sitting opposite him at the Someday restaurant. "Don't worry, she'll come here soon."

The person opposite him smiled lightly, and spoke in a low but attractive voice. "It's okay, I'm used to waiting for her."

When Xia Qingyi arrived and saw Han Liang, he was sitting alone at the table. He smiled and waved his hand at her, and Xia Qingyi walked towards him. She had just sat down and wanted to place her bag at the side, but her clothes accidentally hooked onto the zipper on her bag, and she bent her head down as she tried to separate them.

She was busy trying to deal with the clothes stuck in the zipper when she suddenly heard that there seemed to be someone beside her, and Han Liang had asked him, what did he want to eat?

She raised her head, wanting to see what Han Liang's friend looked like, and she did not expect to see a familiar face. It was Mo Han.

Their eyes met, the many words they wanted to say hidden within their eyes, but they just quietly stared at each other.

"I knew you'd be surprised." Han Liang rubbed her head. "We wanted to discuss the remuneration, which was what we had talked about earlier with you, as a form of appreciation to Barrister Mo. I initially wanted to go S City today, but he said he was in F City, so we just decided to meet here. I called you here so that you could help with some suggestions."