Fly: One

A short story dedicated to a dear friend of mine. ShyrelleManalansan

Spend The Night With Me

Shyrelle's

I sighed dreamily after hearing our plane's head pilot speak.

We are bound to land any minutes from now to Incheon Airport. It took us four hours flying. I don't mind, I love what I do and being surrounded by clouds calms my restless soul.

"Shy, we have atleast eight hours here in South Korea before our next flight to Hong Kong. Do you have any plans?"

I gazed at my co stewardess Jennica. To be honest I don't have any plans, I'll probably stay at my hotel room or buy some stuffs for my friends and family.

I shrugged, "wala. Im good Jen, I've been here countless of times already.. I'll just rest I think." I truthfully said. She just nodded her head.

"If you want, you can join us. We'll eat somewhere in Seoul with Pilot Gabriel Miguel."

I stopped checking the cabin's food stock. Completely caught by what Jennica said. I glanced at her, my heart beating fast inside my chest just by merely hearing his name creates havoc in my system.

I cleared my throat before speaking. "I-I, ahm..pag iisipan ko." She made a thumbs up and left me a reminder to just call her or one of our co-cabin crew if ever I made up my mind.

Napaupo ako sa aking designated chair. I blew a loud breath, "okay self you can calm now.." I closed my eyes tightly then counted 1 to 100.

I have to remain calm and try not to stress out myself. I have learned before when I was still a trainee how to control my breathing whenever I sense my asthma kicking in. Thankfully, I was able to overcome my attacks, I've been living alone for almost four years now and within those years I learned how to take care of myself.

I smiled. I am a trained Flight attendant, and I won't let my asthma ruin my dream.

"Thank you for flying with us. Have a great stay here in South Korea.."

Every day, we meet hundreds of people. Every flight we take responsibility for the lives of hundreds of passengers. It was never easy, in fact we could actually pass as a Miss Universe for having the talent of keeping our smiles like they do all the time.

Seeing these people relieved and happy never fails to make my heart happy as well.

"Thank you Miss Shyrelle.." a middle aged woman said. Palagay ko kung may ilalaki pa ang ngiti ko nagawa ko na.

"Very much glad to serve you ma'am.." I replied back with a proud smile on my face.

After securing that no passenger was left behind, all the crews finally made their ways out. I spread my arms right after my feet touched the airport's runway.

I felt the cold breeze of South Korea's wind kissing my skin.

"What a good time to be alive." I whispered out of nowhere.

Grinning side to side, Finally! Makakatulog na rin! After a nonstop 18 hours flight!

I giggled, I took my phone to take a selfie. I sent it in our group chat.

Shyrelle sent a photo.

Seen by Arghey, Leyy and Reign.

My forehead creased when I read my friend's reply.

Leyy: Omgee bitch who's that guy behind you? What a hot photobomber!

I turned my head backwards only to see Gabriel standing at the plane's doorway.

I tried to avoid my gaze but failed miserably. I can feel my heart beating irrationally inside my chest once again.

I shook my head. No, this man is the death of me.

I turned my back from him. Pilot Gabriel Miguel never spent even a little glance at me. I am just a nobody for him, an average person to be exact.

Why would he even spare me a glance right? He is a Miguel after all. A pilot by passion and a heiress of the biggest Aviation in Asia.

Even before that intimate night we shared weeks ago, he never gave me any of his attention. I shouldn't expect though, I also wanted what happened between us. But I won't also deny the fact that somewhere in my heart I hoped he would at least treat me like those people he talks with every day.

I tried to be part of his world by talking to him but he is just so cold. A one word man. I sighed for the nineteenth time, I felt disappointment creeping through my hopeful heart.

"You had me wrapped with your wicked fingers but why can't I have you for myself Gab?"

I was awaken by a call, when I checked who's the caller I immediately rolled my eyes.

"What do you want me to buy for you this time?" I asked Leyy with my sarcastic tone. I heard her laughing like a drunk hyena.

"You know me too well bitch!" She said still laughing.

"Of course I do, kailan ka ba nawalan ng ipinagbibilin tuwing nandito ako sa Seoul?" I said.

I collected my long straight hair and tied it up with a pony tail. I jumped out of the bed and went to my hotel room's glass door. From here I have a nice view of the Capital's gigantic skyscrapers.

"Just message me what you need I'll buy it for you. Bang eka mwa." I can hear her giggling. This girl is so manipulative as always.

"Okay just wait for my message, take care! When you get home bring a boyfriend with you so that your life won't be boring like it is always!"

I wasn't given the chance to rebutt when she hanged up the call. I wrinkled my face.

What a supportive friend I have.Note the sarcasm.

After a few minutes I received a message notification coming from her. I replied 'K.'

I glanced again outside. Seoul is indeed beautiful at night, I always like seeing this view over and over again.

Since it's cold here in Korea, I wore my white turtle neck pullover with 'Ice bear,' written on the upper right part of it. I also wore a black pants and a black trench coat I paired with my navy blue heeled boots.

With a little magic using make up, I made myself look like a person who had a twelve hours of sleep where in fact I only have four. The red lipstick did the trick, I pulled my ponytail down.

I smirked when I saw myself in the full length mirror.

My eyes are painted with a darker shade of brown, almond eyes and thin lips. Plus my height also stands out from the crowd. I can totally pass the Miss Universe. I thought.

I flipped my hair and made my way out, looks like Korea won't let me sleep tonight.