Truth.

My brothers and I have written and recorded a lot of songs that our fans seem to love. And we know fans love to get the dirt on why these songs are written. What happened? Who was the girl? Why were you inspired to write this? We are always asked these questions. And honestly, it’s totally understandable that fans would ask such things. But sometimes, it’s a little hard to answer.

For some songs, we can just answer truthfully and, well…that’s that. Not all will believe the explanation we give, but usually most do.

But sometimes the truthful answer just can’t be told, and that’s when we make up some fake answer, just to cover up the truth. Fans can always tell when this happens. No matter how hard we try, no matter if we thought the excuse was good enough, they can always, every single time, tell. They know us too well. We know we couldn’t be successful without them, and we love all of them for that, but sometimes we honestly feel that they know us better than we know ourselves. And that is possibly the one bad thing about our fans, the one thing we can’t stand. They are able to see through us. And that makes everything harder.

So now I have a confession to make. This is just me, Joseph Adam Jonas, spilling the truth for everyone to know. After what happened to me today, I feel like I need to tell this story, to tell the truth of these songs. The songs on our album A Little Bit Longer.

Everyone has believed what we’ve said about the inspiration of this album, even though we truly did avoid questions about it as much as possible. When we couldn’t avoid answering, though, we made cover-up answers. And I feel horrible for keeping this from fans and for lying to them. We have the best fans ever. And everyone deserves to know the truth.

So now, I am going to tell the true inspiration for the album A Little Bit Longer. I know I don’t really have to do this, but I want to. I need to. And the truth deserves to be said. Or told, rather.

This is a story. A story about two teenagers in love. And this is the truth.

Here’s what happened: I met a girl. I fell in love with her. But we each ended up with broken hearts. Throughout the whole process, I wrote twelve songs. I wrote them myself, but eventually they all received a little help – or a lot of help – from my brothers. These are twelve songs that, together, make up the album that made the Jonas Brothers who they are today.

So here’s the story. And this is nothing but the truth.