♕ 2.31 Turning Point ♕

Posted: April 29th, 2019

♕Annie ♕

2.31 Turning Point

Aarav freaking Raizada.

I am going to kill him today!

Why could he not be on time the one time I need him to be on time? For the last twenty minutes, I have been waiting at this bar in Boston for him and now am stuck listening to this random dude try and flirt with me. God, it is so pathetic. Can he not tell I am not interested? I almost feel sorry for him.

Anyway, back to Aarav... I am here to shoot for this short film that starts tomorrow. Aarav is also currently here for his business school at Harvard and so we'd planned on meeting up tonight before I would get busy.

To be honest, I am slightly nervous as this would be the first time I am going to see him since the night of his birthday a few months ago when I confessed my feelings to him. I am worried it will be awkward. And awkward... that is one thing we have never been. I am going to hate myself if this turns into something awkward because of me.

Why couldn't I just stop my feelings from growing?

Things would be so much simpler then.

Though, a fact that we kept in touch with messages now and again and it hadn't felt awkward there, I was hoping it would be the same face to face. So far, in messages, he had kept to his promise and never brought up that night. Somewhere, I held conflicted feelings. I was relieved he didn't bring it up but at the same time, it hurt thinking he didn't care enough to want to talk about it.

Then, I would tell myself to stop being silly. This is Aarav. He does love me. It might not be romantically like my feelings, but he does adore me and take me as his best friend. And, this is the guy who keeps his promises. He'd do anything for them. Heck, he was binding his entire life already for a promise he made to Jhanvi's parents when he was 7. If he could keep that, I knew from the bottom of my heart that he would respect my wish as well.

I blink out of my thoughts when I feel a hand on my back. I turn my head in the direction of the shadow, ready to scold the person, but freeze on seeing Aarav. His eyes are locked with the man sitting across from me who had been continuing his attempts to talk to me. Very casually, he speaks to the stranger, "Hey man, thanks for keeping my Angel company. But I'm here now."

The stranger, I think his name is Carl, looks between the two of us. My focus is entirely on Aarav though and his hand on my back. The heat radiating through my thin top.

Did he just say, 'my angel'?

I blink, telling myself that was just said with the intention of getting the guy to leave giving him the impression that we were together.