Conclusion: Her Name

Posted: August 6th, 2020

Swarna

Conclusion: Her Name

          Being a Princess, even in a modern world, comes with a price. The price of your life. Of your freedom. Most importantly, your happiness.

If you think I will say all of this and have you believing that I am miserable in my life, you are wrong. This is the 21st century. None of those ideologies, I agree with. I am responsible for my own happiness. I have built an empire on journalism. As a Princess, I was born into the world of celebrities. I believe, there is nothing wrong in turning what is presented to you in a profitable business. It helps that I seem to have a knack for it.

While I consider myself a business woman, I still fall back into my role of a Princess now and again. Such as tonight where I attend the raj tilak ceremony in Udaipur.

Princes Randeep and Aarush, cousins, make their entrance down the steps and into the throne room. It had only been days since the last assassination attempt was foiled by them. From what the rumor mill is spinning, it turns out that Randeep's parents were involved at one time - till they realized the true crimes being committed by the organization that they had unintentionally gotten caught up in.

I still remember the day.

Well, I remember what I had heard given a certain someone had me locked up.

I don't do well with having to stay in one room and I almost consider fleeing out the window. I'd thought about keeping my head to the door in hopes of hearing what was happening outside, but the throne room where the raj tilak is to take place is far enough away from the residential area where I am currently locked up.

After what seemed to be ages - roughly three hours - the door to the room finally clicked and I whirl around angrily to face my bastardly friend, Randeep Chauhan. I snap at once, "How dare you have your guys drag me out of the throne room and lock me in your room, Randeep? Just what were you thinking!"

"Oh shit." He lets out, his eyes wide, and I realize instantly that he'd forgotten all along that right before the ceremony was to start, he'd done this deed.

How the hell can he forget! I have been antsy and going crazy in here for the past three hours having no fucking clue what was happening outside these doors.

As much as I want to give him hell, I exhale uncrossing my arms from over my chest. "I'd yell at you some more if you didn't look like you've been run over by a truck."

He must see that I require an explanation. He crosses over to his bed, mumbling. "First, I need to sit." That is when my eyes travel to his abdomen. His shirt is stained and he might have received treatment for it, but it doesn't take a genius to put two and two together.