chapter twenty

LAYLA LOVELESS LET out a stressed groan as she was on all fours, peeking under the couch in her living room

        LAYLA LOVELESS LET out a stressed groan as she was on all fours, peeking under the couch in her living room. High pitched wails and cries echoed against her ears and brought tears to her own eyes.

"I'm sorry, Zoe, just please give me a second!" She begged as she quickly reached under the couch and snatched the pacifier sitting there. She then turned to the baby seated in a high chair a few feet away, her dog, Leo, sitting beside it with his ears pushed back in concern, "How the hell did this get under the couch?!"

Layla did not expect an answer as she sprinted to the kitchen in a haste to clean the binky.

Ten months ago, Layla Loveless gave birth. Zoe Loveless was an adorable baby with chubby cheeks and bright green eyes. Despite her looks, Zoe had proved to be a ball of cries and screams. She was all but nocturnal, spending her nights blubbering and shouting.

Layla still loved Zoe with every part of her--even through the immense stress she put upon the pink haired teen. She had known it would be hard to raise a child while still being a child since she first decided to keep her and was shipped off to Eichen House by her mother.

Layla still did everything in her power to keep Zoe a secret. Most of her school already knew due to her dissaperaing and the fast spreading gossip Davenfort Prep was known for. Everyone at her school had heard that Jason Tilling had hooked up with Layla, cheating on his girlfriend, and ended up getting her pregnant. This was the lie Layla told to escape the truth.

Layla was raped by her ex-best-friend's boyfriend. She could see him in Zoe everytime she looked into her eyes that perfectly mirrored his own.

Layla was far from ashamed of her daughter. She was beautiful in every sense of the world. Layla simply refused to deal with all the stress and questions that came with finding out about a teen pregnancy. She didn't want her new Beacon Hills friends she had met through Malia to think of her any differently.

The world had other plans.

Currently, it was Saturday and Layla had the house to herself with Zoe. Layla wore an oversized ACDC shirt she that belonged to her older brother, Travis, and a pair of spandex shorts. Her hair was a frizzy mess from where it fell flat in a ball of pink tangles.

She sniffed back any tears of frustration before returning to her baby, bending over and offering the blue object to her. Zoe's cries quickly ceased, the binky now being sucked into her mouth. Leo was quick to respond by licking Layla's leg, almost thanking her for stopping the noise.

A smile finally lightened up Layla's face as she lifted Zoe up, cradling her into her arms and going to sit on the couch. She huffed upon sitting down, her eyes failing to leave Zoe's relaxed face. There was still a chance Zoe would start up another hissy fit and hurl her pacifier across the room once more. Leo hopped up as well, curling into a ball at their side with his head on Layla's lap.

Still sucking her binky, Zoe reached out and gently grasped Leo's nose. He didn't react, instead just staring up at her in admiration.

"You see Leo?" Layla cooed in her signitare baby voice, lightly bouncing Zoe on her thigh. She had just opened her mouth to speak again when Leo abruptly bolted off the couch and over to the front door, letting out a series of barks.

Layla's brows furrowed in confusion before rising to her feet, resting Zoe on her hip as she approached the atriam.

"Leo, shut up!" She called out. Before she got there, the doorbell rang, causing her to move quicker to the door.

She used her leg to push Leo from the door, one arm keeping up Zoe, and the other opening the door.

Layla Loveless looked like a hot mess when Scott McCall first saw her. He had a wide smile already plastered across his face, drinking in her appearance. Even in her state of dissaray, Scott still beamed at her.

Then, his eyes fell upon Zoe. The first thing he noticed was that her face structure looked extremely similar to Layla's, with some added baby fat. Now his smile grew.

"Hey," Scott greeted. Layla felt her heart racing in panic, causing Scott's grin to falter.

"Uh, hi, Scott," she said, briefly swiping a strand of hair out of her face, "What are you doing here?"

"I was hoping you could help me with my History project," he explained before gaining a nervous feeling, "Wow I definately should've asked before just showing up. I'm sorry, if now isn't a good time I can leave."

Layla hesitated before huffing out a long breath of air, moving to let him enter, "It's fine, come on in."

"Thanks," Scott smiled again and walked inside, glancing around. He refocused in the baby girl in her arms now, "Who's this little one?"

Zoe chewed her binky mindlessly and reached out to try and grab Scott, making him chuckle. In any other situation Layla would've joined in but at the moment she was far too tense.

"Zoe."

"Is she your sister?" Scott asked the question she had been dreading. Layla harshly breathed in, forcing herself to calm down before shaking her head. Her eyes met Scott's as she said her next words.

"Zoe's my daughter."

a/n:

ahhh fuck here y'all go. i'm pretty sure it was obvious this was gonna happen eventually but here ya go--come get y'all juice 🥂