chapter fifty-four

LAYLA LOVELESS WAS skeptical as she sat beside her brother on the couch

        LAYLA LOVELESS WAS skeptical as she sat beside her brother on the couch. Tyler James, or TJ, kept glancing over at her with a coy smirk. Layla had Zoe asleep in her lap while Leonardo Decaprio was asleep at her feet. Layla scowled at her brother when she caught his eye again, annoyed.

"Will you stop fucking looking at me?" she eventually snapped over the sound of Mean Girls playing in the background.

TJ flinched, not expecting the random call out, "Christ, woman, I can't even look at my sister?"

"Not with that evil ass face," Layla sunk back in her seat, raising a brow at him questioningly. TJ only smirked further at this accusation before doing an evil laugh. Layla's face morphed into a large smile as she laughed at him, "Ew! What is wrong with you?!"

During her laughing there was suddenly a knock at the door, causing Layla's eyes to go wide and her face to drop. She now glared at TJ, "What the hell did you do?"

"Go open it!" TJ gestured towards the atrium where Leo already started barking, managing to wake up Zoe.

Layla sighed as she stood up, carefully cradling her baby to her chest as she went to open the door. She was shocked to see Lydia Martin, Kira Yukimura, and Malia Tate at her doorstep with matching smiles.

"Hello there gorgeous," Malia cooed as she stepped forward, carefully taking Zoe into her arms and bouncing her up and down.

"What's going on?" Layla asked in confusion. She assumed this was some sort of impromptu girls night.

"Don't have much time, let's go," Lydia ushered Layla upstairs with the others right behind them, "You're going to prom."

"What?" Layla blurted, "I don't have a date—or a babysitter."

"You've got three babysitters now," Kira grinned widely and did jazz hands.

"And your date's on their way," Malia added, still carrying Zoe. Usually Malia hated all children and babies alike, but Zoe was different. Malia loved Layla so much that it just made sense to love Zoe all the same.

"I swear to god if it's Brett I will throw myself down the stairs," Layla warned as she sat down at her vanity. Lydia was instantly pulling out her makeup she brought while Kira set to work on brushing her hair.

"I'm offended you'd think I'd do that to you," TJ huffed as he sat down on Layla's bed, resting his elbows on his knees as he watched the girls hustle and bustle in front of him. Malia sent the freshman a dubious look, knowing it wasn't that crazy of an idea for him.

Soon Kira had finished the hair and was also off to the side while Lydia finished up the makeup. Suddenly the doorbell went off downstairs. TJ broke out into another large smile.

"I've got it!" he shouted unnecessarily, bolting out of the room and down the stairs. He'd never willingly admit it, but he did quite like Scott and thought he was a good guy for his sister.