Another Love Story

A/N: okay, this is my first story ever! :D hope you like it. i'll be uploading the other parts ASAP.

CHAPTER 1. Hating It

EPOV

Whoa. I hate this day. I got a ticket for driving beyond the speed limit. Driving is my way of releasing anger and hurt, but apparently, I haven't noticed that I was driving way to fast until a police stopped me. I haven't got a ticket before and this one's a really bad timing. What's wrong with the world? First, I got heartbroken, then, I was late for work this morning which is a no-no since today's an important day for my career, and now, I got a ticket for driving beyond the limit! My life really sucks. No wonder my girlfriend dumped me.

Just then, my phone rang. I groaned internally. Great, just what I needed. I checked the caller ID and realized that it's Esme, my mother. I took a deep breath, hoping that my voice won't crack or something like that.

"Mom?" I greeted happily though happiness is the least emotion I am feeling now.

"Well. Hello dear! I just called to remind you about the dinner we planned months ago..." she replied.

Huh? What dinner?

"What about it? I don't even remember it, Mom" I asked, completely puzzled.

I heard my mom breathe an exasperated sigh. Oh well. She must be frustrated by me now. She knows how I hate those family gathering thingy.

"Well..." Esme started. "Emmett will be bringing Rosalie over for Thanksgiving and I was wondering if you could bring your girlfriend too. You know, that mystery girl you told us you were dating. I'm dying to know her, Edward! So, I decided to arrange a family dinner for all of us. Get to know each other, that kind of thing." She stated.

I released the breath I didn't even know I was holding. How am I supposed to attend that dinner? Tanya and I just broke up five days ago after discovering her affair with one of my buddies, Jacob. To hell with them! My family knew that I was serious with her though I haven't brought her home to meet my family yet. I was actually planning to invite Tanya for Thanksgiving, but after discovering her "little business", I broke up with her. I don't want to ruin my family's Thanksgiving just because I'm heartbroken! Heck, I don't even want them to know that the girl I've been taking seriously cheated on me!

"Edward, are you still there?" Esme said, breaking my train of thoughts.

"Yeah, mom. Sorry I spaced out. Uh, that would be great!" I replied though I already hated the idea of having to attend that dinner.

"Great! We'll be expecting you, then! Don't forget to bring her over." Esme replied enthusiastically.

I groaned internally. Again.

"Sure, mom. See you, then. Bye!" I replied forcing myself to be excited as well.

"Okay, Edward! Take care!" she replied and then hung up.

I sighed. What have I gotten myself into? Why didn't I just tell her that I can't? That I no longer have a girlfriend now? That I can't attend that dinner because I'm currently nursing my broken heart? What do I do now?

****

A/N: Geez. This is my first story ever! I just wish you guys like it.  It's not bad to wish right? Anyways, what do you think about it?