1

Hope you guys will love this story as much as i love it:)))) Feel free to comment and vote, please

Prologue

Sometimes you just cant stop the way the things go. They just happen and and you just have to look at the result. Sometimes the result can be unpredictable.

Now that i am lying on his bare chest i feel that we did everything right. We were meant to be together no matter how hard we tried to stay away from each other.

1

I got a job and this is my last free summer so i decided to go home for a month or two before i start. My brother is spending days and nights in the garage or hanging out with his drunk friends. Parents are on the vacations in Europe so the house is mine. Most of my friends graduated from their colleges too but only one of them is coming to spend this summer with me. My friend Jen is the best friend you could ever wish for. We are starting together at the publishing house in Atlanta in September but we didnt study together. I have always love NYC and she was crazy about California. She is always there for me. She keeps all of my secrets, like my first kiss, first party. We both are from Richmond. It isnt a little town but Atlanta is still the biggest in Georgia.

My friend is one of the most beautiful girls you have ever seen. She is blonde and slim, she is quite sporty and into having some fun.

When i got home on Friday morning everyone was out. Parents are in Europe and my brother was at work. It is sunny and really hot in here in July so as i was alone i decided to have a sunbathe. Jen was arriving letter on and i had nothing else to do.

I was into one of my new books-to-read when i heard a roar. I turned around and saw a familiar car. My brother has always loved big cars. It was his jeep roaring. When the car stopped by at our lown i saw him jumping out of it. Kevin is two years older than me. He has those unruly hair that makes girls fall for him immediately and besides he is a player.

I stand up and cover my body with a blanket.

' Tessa? ' i hear my brother's deep voice. He sounds surprised.

' Hey, ' i say back and we hug.

'You didnt tell you would come'.

' Yeah, it was on spot decision,' i say and look away. We have never been friends. Me and my brother. We are more like strangers that just live under one roof but never talk to each other.

But my brother wasnt alone that day. He was with an unknown friend. The first thing that you spot about this guy is his curly hair and the way he combs it back. He has this strange thing around his head that day. I dont know how it is called. A scarf, maybe. He was constantly staring at me while i was talking to my brother. Well, i was in my bikini and that's no wonder. When i tried to cover my body, he chuckled but looked away. I didnt look away from him. I couldnt look away from his tattoos they covered his left hand not fully - i could still see some bare skin - but the patterns looked interesting. His clothes were simple , black skinny jeans and a black T-shirt.

' Okay, Tess, see you then,'  said my brother and they went to the house. I was watching them disappear in the house feeling quite miserable. My brother has always been the coolest guy at school and in our neighbourhood whereas i am a simple girl with long brown hair, brown eyes. My features would look perfect on someone else's face but i dont find myself attractive. Well, no one does. Honestly, i have never had a real boyfriend. I went on some dates at college but they never grew into something more.

I came back to my book and sunbathing. Kevin and his friend seemed to spend hours at the house when i decided to go inside and have a snack. I found them in the kitchen talkig about something in low voices. I covered my body with a blanket and joined them in the kitchen.

' Just not today, man, ' i heard the guy say when i came up to the fridge. His voice was even deeper than my brother's. He had the kind of the voice that girls love to hear on the phone.

' So how long are you staying with us, Tess? ' asked my brother.

' Uhmm, till September, 'i answered putting a strawberry into my mouth. The guy with green eyes is still watching me.

' Got a job?'

"Yeah, in Atlanta. I need some rest before starting in September".

My brother has never been interested in my life. We were in different groups at school and and we never said hello to each other back then when we met occasionally in the corridors.

'And what are your plans for today?' my brother asked.

'Dunno, ' i answer putting another strawberry into my mouth with a curly guy watching. - Jen is arriving in the evening. So i guess  i'm gonna hang out with her or sleep. Flying was quite tiresome". - and i immediately regret my words as my brother gives me that look i know pretty well like he finds me very stupid.

'And Jen is a cute blonde you used to hang out school? 'my brother asks. I'm surprised with his question but it isnt surprising. Jen is really beautiful. She used to date each cool guy at our school but for my brother and his cool friends. They were just too cool for us.

'Yeah, - i answer quite embaressed. - The one.'

'And are you still hanging out with that fat gay, Rich or Rick?' my brother continues asking. He is quite curious today.

' Red, ' i correct him. Well, i used to have another best friend back at school. It was a big chubby and slightly overwheight guy named Red, it was his short name, and no one knew his full name. Well, maybe they knew but never called him by anything else than Red, and it sounded really cool. And Red was a gay. A very cool gay. I forgot about him. I wonder if he is still here.

'So are you hanging out?' my brother demands.

' No, i havent seen him for three years, ' i answer.

'Cool, then call your cool friend to our party tonight.'

'Where?'

'At our house, silly, ' my brothers says and pats my hair. He has never done this and i feel strange. I almost spit a strawberry when i hear that he is throwing a party at our house. I have never been a joy-killer but i dont wanna see a crowd of strange people at our house.

'Okay, i hope i wont be the one to clean it afterwards.'

Kevin chuckles and leaves the table. I spot a smile on his friends face.  it isnt a goofy smile, just a glimpse but it was enough to know that he has cute dimples. The friend stands up and towers over me. He is really tall, over a head and half or so above me. He looks at me with a strange look. I feel uncomfortable and look away. I feel like a victim next to a rappist. Suddenly he  lowers to my ear.

'You look much better without this shitty blanket, ' he says in a low voice so as my brother didnt hear us. I shudder when his warm breath touches my ear. I look at him and he smiles back revealing dimples and then he leaves with my brother. They leave me sitting alone at the kitchen table, chewing on my strawberries. I dont know what's wrong with this guy but i couldnt stop thinking about him till the evening i saw him again.