4

The whole next day my brother spends at home. I cant say i'm irritated by his presence, i'm just not used to him being whole day at home.

' Why are you at home today? ' i ask sitting in the sofa next to him. Kevin holds out popcorn and i grab some. Cheesy. My fave.

'It's my day-off, ' he says putting a hand full of popcorn into his mouth.

We have never been friends, my brother and i, but we sit together watching some movie on Netflix. Popcorn is finished soon and Kevin stands up to bring more. His cell rings and he has to come back to take it as he left the cell on the sofa. He doesnt talk with me in the room,Kevin goes out to the backyard. I watch him sitting and then lying on the sun bed. As my brother doesnt come back for a long time i have to help myself. I stand up and go to the microwave to warm some popcorn. I spend the whole day in my room so i am pretty hungry by now. I open the fridge and ind some fruits. It is hard to find something else in the fridge. There is mostly beer in it. I help myself with some flakes and come back to my sit. The movie ended and the next one began. My brother just came back. He goes straight to fridge and grab some beer as i hear him open it.

' Wanna some? ' he asks sitting next to me.

' Nah, ' i say and grab some more popcorn.

When the movie ends i go back to my room. Kevin stays in the living-room.

Next morning my brother went to work. I am not in the mood of going out but i think that our fridge needs more normal food. I take my purse and go to the nearest shop. I buy bakery and youghurts, some vegetables, macaronies and cheese. I thinking about cooking some pasta for dinner. When i get back home, i spot Kevin's jeep and familiar Range Rover. I get into the house and see my brother and two of his friends. Harry is among them.

' I was worried terrorist took you away, ' my brother says as i come to the fridge.

'No, there is no food left so i went to the shop, - i say. – And i cant drink beer.'

' What are you up to today? ' my brother seems to ignore my explanation.

' Dunno, nothing, i guess, - i shrug and bite on some carrot. – Why?'

' Let's go to the beach, ' suggests Kevin.

' I dunno, ' i say chewing on vegetable.

' Com'on, you have nohing else to do. Bring your friend with you, ' my brother tries to convince me.

He is right. I agree and go upstairs to put on my swim suit. Harry was quite silent. I wonder why. While changing i call Jen and invite her with us. I dont have to force her. She agrees immediately but asks to grab her at her house. I put on my bikini and change into a yellow dress. It goes down to my knees and i hope that it will save guys from staring at me. But they stare.

' Jen agreed to join but we'll need to grab her on our way, ' i say getting closer to them. I dont know how but my instincts brought me near Harry.

' I can grab her, ' he says, rubing his chin. To my surprise, i find this gesture rather cute but with my brother being next to me i have to look away and pretend like i dont think Harry is anything but ugly.

' Bullshit, - my brother says, ,- you dont know where she lives.'

' I can help him, ' i say and everyone watches me. I regret my words immediately when i see my brother's angry look and the curious one from Harry.

' Okay, ' he says and leaves the kitchen table. I look at my brother and run after Harry.

We dont talk much during the ride. I give him directions from time to time but nothing more. I enjoy silence with people that are my friends but this silence is awkward.