Seventeenth Lie

"I'm going!" Kaori said as she took her bag, ready to leave.

"Kaori-chan, did you bring your lunch?" Akane asked, making sure that she will have something to eat for her lunch.

Kaori looked to her bag and confirmed that it is inside her bag, "Yeah! Thanks, Onee-chan!" she cheerfully thanked her. "Bye Onee-chan, Onii-chan~!" she then went out of the house after hearing Akane and Hiromi's 'take care' mutterings.

"Hmm, it seems that Kaori-chan is having a good morning." Akane opened up,

"Yes, I am glad. I checked her last night and she slept early too, compare before." Hiromi answered with a soft smile.

**

Kaori is indeed having a great morning. She slept comfortably last night without any problem. The voices did not even bother her. She was suspicious as something terrible might happen because they are being quite but it is fine. She will try to enjoy as much as she can.

"Kao-chan! Good morning! You're early today!" someone pats her back and greeted her, Kaori looked at the owner of the voice and found Tsubaki.

"Yeah! I am very happy. Good morning to you too, Tsubaki-chan." Kaori giggled and cling to Tsubaki

"Then I am happy too since Kao-chan is happy!" she declared. Kaori usually fakes her emotions in front of them which they already know but today, it seems that Kaori is genuinely happy, just thinking about it makes Tsubaki cry from happiness.

Until now, they do not know what is the reason why Kaori changed. Not only she got thinner, paler and the bags under her eyes are getting obvious each day, Kaori's smile also changed. They want to wait for Kaori to tell them the problem but they are feeling helpless since this has been going on for months. This started in the first month of winter when Kaori's parents died and now, it is already the last week of February, the last month of winter but until know they still do not have any clue. They settle to the thought that Kaori is still mourning about her parent's death and they are doing their best to comfort her in their own way.

Nevertheless, Kaori is having a great morning today and Tsubaki hopes that this continues starting today and they can go back to the way they used to be.

"Do you have practice today?" Kaori asked while changing to her indoor shoes.

"Well, yeah. I might go home late. It's cold and we will be outside for too long!" Tsubaki complained and Kaori chuckled

"I am planning to go out and go somewhere after school and would like to invite you but it seems that you cannot skip the practice"

"R-really?!" Tsubaki was surprised. Ever since Kaori changed, she always goes straight to her home after class. Now, Kaori would like to go out like before? 'Kami-sama! Buddha-sama! Thank you! Praise you!' Tsubaki prayed, "I want to come! But I don't want you to wait for me... Ah! Kosei!"

Kosei was reading his book, walking inside the premises when Tsubaki saw and called him. Kosei almost jumps in surprise.

"Kosei! Go out with Kaori after class and I will catch up as soon as I finished my practice and I will bring Watari too!"

Kosei looked at Tsubaki confused then he noticed Kaori who is smiling sincerely beside Tsubaki. He was surprised. It was not a fake smile that she used to show them. It was her usual smile that makes someone smile too when looking at her. Kosei gave her a fond smile.

"Yo! Good morning Kosei! Would you like to go out with me later? Let's go somewhere!" Kaori said and Kosei now understood what Tsubaki asked him.

Like Tsubaki, Kosei was shocked to hear that Kaori will go helper class. After all, it is Kaori's new routine to go home right after class unlike before that Kaori will be the one who will initiate inviting him to eat in a café after class or go to a park.

"H-hmn.. I will come with you. Do you have a place you want to go to?" Kosei can't believe that he stammered. He was surprised so much that he stammered but he was glad that he was able to compose himself right after.

"I will think about it and let you know once I decided!" Kaori smiled sheepishly. It seems that she never thought for a place and just want to go anywhere today.

After that, they went to their respective classroom, with a great mood. Watari came late in class that's why Kaori was the one who explained to him the plan for today. Watari was glad and excited saying that he will finish his practice early and catch up to them. Kaori informed him that there is no need to rush as Tsubaki also needs to attend and finish ththatclub responsibilities.

"Hey, Kosei! Why don't we go and eat with newly opened café? I heard that their Canelé is good!" it is already their lunchtime. Kaori wasn't able to listen to the lessons carefully as she was thinking where she wanted to go then she heard her classmates talking about them seems to fé that has a good Canelé.

Tsubaki and Watari just listened to them happily. Hearing Kaori with her original cheerful voice really feels surreal. They do not wish to end this day.

"Why are you still looking for a café that has a good Canelé when you already have a bakery that sells it?" Kosei asked her, confused.

"I know! Our Canelé is the best but we must also try the other's creation, don't you think so?"

"Well, it's fine. Buy us some too. I want to eat something sweet after practice!" Tsubaki butt in.

Kaori nodded, "Message us after you're done with your club activities and we'll let you know where we are."

And that's what they decided and that is the reason why Kosei finds himself eating a strawberry cake inside a panda themed café while Kaori is enjoying her Canelé.

"Hm~! It's good! It's good! The Canelé is good and the café is cute too! It will be good if Tsubaki and Watari came here too.." Kaori playfully swayed her body after finishing her food. "Being with you here, don't you think that we're like on a date?" Kaori innocently giggled, her cheeks red.

Kosei almost choked while drinking his hot chocolate when he heard her, ears are turning red. "D-date?!"

"Why are you getting worked up? It is not like it is true! How stingy~" Kaori pouted, "Don't tell me you're fantasizing that we're on a date?! I knew it! Pervert~"

"I am not a pervert! And I don't think like that!" of course, he will not let her know that he wishes to have a date with her because he knows that she will tease him.

"Hahaha! Everyone is looking at you since you're so loud~" Kaori teased and after looking around, Kosei indeed noticed that almost everyone is looking at him, weirdly.

Kosei stood up and get his things, "We must hurry! Let's get out of this place!" Kosei took her hands and Kaori hurriedly fix her things while laughing and took the Canelé that she ordered for Tsubaki and Watari.