Prologue

Blood

It's everywhere. On her hands, her clothes, her face. There lay the body of the man who took her sister's life from her, stole her innocence. Left his mark on her. She heard a faint gasp.

"Atlanta? What are you doing in here? The ceremony's about to start. Have you seen Manta?"

"I'm sorry Mera" I slowly spun around, blood, dripping down my body, my clothes stained.

"Lanta what have you done?" She was crouching by his deceased corpse, her eyes glossy, glossier than the reflection of the sun on the water.

She sat up, panting. It's just a dream. Another grim, distressing nightmare. She felt a light breeze on her face and heard a bone chilling whisper in her ear. The sound itself sent shivers down her spine, but regardless, she got up and swam to the shore.

"Hello, my dear."

Without a doubt,she knew that voice, she knew those bright, demonic eyes. It was her uncle, Hades.

"Hi uncle Hades. What are we doing today?"

He caressed her cheek, making her shiver by his touch. His hands, cold along, his eyes burned with a flaming blinding red inferno, his stare was like snow. Beautiful, but cold. His heart was an endless pit of darkness. Her innocent, virgin eyes she thought she felt a speck of light through the endless amount of affection he showed her. The gullible, curious child was yet to understand that sometimes, that speck of light is the anglerfish, attracting its prey, awaiting its ambush, and she, was only the starter to the feast he was about to devour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~