Twenty Five: Dawn of A New Day

Klaus

    The golden rays of dawn filtering in through the curtains woke me. I regained awareness to the soft feminine form laying next to me. Though her face was turned away from me, I could tell from the even sound of her breathing that she still slept.

    Soundlessly I raised myself up on one elbow to gaze at her and the beautiful sight she presented. Her loose soft brunette waves were like a cascading waterfall and with the morning sunlight hitting them, I could see occasional natural golden and copper strands throughout.

     Her expression was soft and peaceful. In conjunction with her glistening hair, she looked angelic. There was no mistaking though that she possessed a warrior's spirit when it came to matters that were important to her. Jessica truly was one of a kind. Gloriously unique.

     Gazing at her, pride filled me that I could call her my own. She was meant for me, always had been. And I got the sense that she was starting to realize that.

    There was no other woman that I'd ever desire other than her. She was everything that I'd ever wanted. And I'd go through hell or high water to ensure that nothing would ever harm her or take her away from me.

     While my preferred plans for the day involved nothing more than staying in bed with her and basking in her acceptance of me, I knew that we wouldn't be allowed that luxury.  There were tasks that needed to be done. I needed to check with Hunter to see if he'd discovered the location of our enemies and I also still needed to continue fulfilling my plan of attack against the Ulta witches who dared to seek me and my family's demise.

    So slipping out of the bed, I dressed for the day. Checking my phone I saw a message from one of my hybrids. Evidence that indeed I had matters to attend to. But before I would do so, I would greet a good morning to Jessica. 

     I moved next to the edge of the side of the bed she lay nearest to. Leaning in, I placed a kiss on her forehead.

    Jessica's eyelashes fluttered open, revealing her dazzling emerald eyes. She looked up to see me leaning in towards her.

    "Morning love." I greeted her pleasantly.

    Jessica gave me a dazzling smile. "Careful. I could get use to this."

    I grinned with a mixture of amusement and mischievousness. "That's my intent."

    "Then you'd be pleased to know that it's working." Out of respectable class and modesty, she held the sheet up against her as she sat up in bed. Her brunette hair cascaded down around her bare shoulders.

    "My preferred agenda for the day would be to stay in bed with you but unfortunately there are matters that I must attend to." I stated, straightening and moving to grab her sleeping wear, that she had had on last night, from up off of the floor.

    She accepted them from me when I handed them to her. "Yeah. I have a few matters to attend to myself. And I'm sure Amelia will want to meet with me today."

   Jessica had slipped her undergarments on whilst still between the bedsheets and now she threw the top bedsheet back. She slipped out of bed and stood next to me.

   "Think you'll be able to conclude your task list for the day in time to share dinner this evening?" She asked with a charming smile.

   "I'll see to it that I do." I couldn't help but rake my gaze over her appreciatively. "Though this sight of you is tempting me to remain."

    I reached out, cupping the side of her face and captured her lips with mine. Jessica reciprocated my kiss. After a few moments we slowly withdrew.