three

From: Yoongi💜
Happy new year, Hyung! Tomorrow I'll come by with Namjoon. I'm sorry I can't make it tonight. I love you.

"He can't come?" Jungkook asks after peeking out Seokjin's screen.

"You brat, stop reading my message! You're invading my privacy." Seokjin spits, but his voice low.

Jungkook frowns. He drops his head onto Seokjin's lap, opening his mouth. Seokjin rolls his eyes, but he feeds him strawberry anyway.

"Should we hang out then? Jimin can't come, either."

"Oh?" Seokjin stares at Jungkook, clearly surprised. Jungkook and Jimin basically are inseparable, the fact that they can't spend new year together is quite unusual.

"Why?"

"What do you mean why?" Jungkook laughs. "He has his own life too, you know. He wants to go out with his coworkers or something like that."

Seokjin pouts, contemplating what should he say. "You're okay with that?"

"Why shouldn't I? We fucked this morning." Jungkook bring Seokjin's wrist closer to his mouth, pushing in the strawberry the elder's holding into his mouth.

"I don't need to know that, asshole." Seokjin lets out an exasperated sigh.

Jungkook chuckles. "What are you thinking?"

Seokjin shakes his head, looking down to Jungkook and giving him reassuring smile. "It's just ... am I too clingy, Kook? I miss Yoongi, you know."

Jungkook's eyes wander to the ceiling. It's around fifteen minutes after massive fireworks could be heard, and he thinks what should he reply, something logical and cautious. He knows Seokjin for so long that he can sense his mood miles away, and this Seokjin right here is not his favorite. He's definitely sad but he's sorry for feeling sad. Something akin to that.

"It's not wrong to miss your boyfriend, Jinnie." Jungkook finally finds himself reply. "It's even admirable. You're already with Yoongi-hyung for years and you still missing him everyday. It shows how much you treasure your relationship."

Seokjin chews the strawberry, his face turns sour as he gets not so good one.

"Are you ... bored now? With him?" Jungkook adds, he keeps his voice judge-free.

Seokjin shakes his head easily. "I will never. But people change. We've passed some change together, growing up as different persons together, I'm afraid someday we will change, but we can't accept it easily as usual."

Jungkook can't understand it, but he offers his smile as he says,"If that time would comes, you two will find a way."

Seokjin's brows knitted together. Jungkook practically can hear his anxiety thumping inside his chest.

"What if we don't?" Seokjin murmurs. "What if we can't figure it out?"

Jungkook gets up, sitting close to Seokjin's side. He hugs the elder, his chin securely placed on his shoulder. "Then I will be on your side."

*

Seokjin jolts awake when his phone doesn't stop ringing and that's when he realises he's fall asleep on the couch, Jungkook is nowhere to be seen. He rubs his face, annoyed but partly grateful for the disturbance as he can feel his body goes stiff for sleeping on the couch in such unpleasant position.

"Halo?" Seokjin answers the call while yawning.

"Hyung!" Seokjin hears a familiar voice. "Let's meet up!"

Seokjin can barely register Taehyung's excitement as he lets out a deep breath. "This is like ... four in the morning, Tae, what do you mean?"

Taehyung cakcles. "Nope, it's two, Hyung. Come on, wash your face and come here. I'm freezing."