fourteen

Jungkook drives the car slowly, biting his lips, deep in thought as Seokjin side glancing him. He didn't talk much since he picked him up in the airport, Seokjin wonders why. He kind of expected him to bombard him with a ton of questions.

"Is everything okay?" Seokjin asks worriedly.

Jungkook shifts, trying to concentrate on the road instead of answering Seokjin. The older lets it go, he's too drained to assist Jungkook's odd behavior.

"Yoongi hyung called me." Jungkook says, as he maneuvers the car to turn right smoothly. "He asked me to take care of you."

"He always did that." Seokjin smiles sadly, but it's gone before Jungkook can see.

"Yeah, but not with crying."

Seokjin holds his breath, suddenly fully awake but also weary. He doesn't want to lie, he doesn't want to defend himself, he doesn't want to say anything, now that he knows Jungkook is hurt .

"You don't wanna say something?" Jungkook asks with bleary eyes.

"Hyung is sorry." Seokjin looks away, can't stand to see how it affects Jungkook.

"He doesn't take it well." The younger breaths out. "I feel so useless."

"Jungkook—"

"I'm gonna be okay, Hyung. I am not the one who just broke up. You know your happiness matters so much to me. I can see you're accepting it well, it makes me feel better a bit. But Yoongi hyung is someone I love too." Jungkook slows down the speed, taking a moment to let tears escape from his eyes.

"That's okay, Koo. I understand." Seokjin presses his body further to the door, suddenly feeling self-conscious about Jungkook's resentment towards him. "You have the right to be angry."

And they arrive at their apartment basement. But neither of them move. Seokjin is too scared to touch Jungkook, let alone hugging him to provide some comfort. Jungkook closes his eyes, head leaning to the car window, breathing out irregularly.

"He said he kinda trapped you to be his boyfriend," Jungkook says dreamily. "He said he's sorry to hold you back for so long, to never let anyone else enter your life."

Seokjin doesn't know what to say. He doesn't really think of anything now. He just wants to sleep, hugging his plushie until everything is back to normal. But what is normal to him anyway? His life has been always about Yoongi and Jungkook.

"I'm not angry." Jungkook looks at him, smiling faintly. "Not with you, not with Yoongi hyung. I'm just sad, but it will fade soon, I promise."

Seokjin forces himself to smile, just to let Jungkook know that he's okay too. He is just tired mentally. He has no idea how Taehyung is doing now, but at least they are on the same ground. He can ask Jungkook when he's no longer upset. He still thinks the worst, but since the day Jungkook said Taehyung was okay, he never informed him about Taehyung's wellbeing anymore. It drove him crazy.

"Hyung." Jungkook pulls Seokjin's arm, looking down to watch the older's palm. "I'm happy for you."

Seokjin smiles sincerely, pulling Jungkook for a hug, playfully swaying their head together. "Thank you, Baby."

Seokjin stretches out his body once he's inside his apartment, relieved to see it's neat and clean and smells good.

"Jimin is still here?" He asks Jungkook as the younger pulls Seokjin's luggage in.

"Huh?" Jungkook replies distractedly. "Oh, he has class now."

Seokjin is about to walk into his bedroom when a soft voice calls out,"Jimin-ah? Is that you?" A familiar voice sings, the one that he missed so much.