eight

“Tae?” A deep, husky voice comes from living room, echoing to the entire apartment. It’s not large, but Taehyung indeed was right, it smells nice and neat.

“Hyung?” Taehyung replies, pulling Seokjin’s arm to come further. “Did you just wake up?”

“His complete name is Jung Hoseok.” Taehyung whispers, and Seokjin nods, letting Taehyung drags him into living room.

“Yeah, I took a nap.” Hoseok groans. “Work was shitꟷ” Hoseok widens his eyes, scanning a tall figure next to Taehyung, then lower to Taehyung’s hand that still tugging on the other’s wrist. “Oh.”

“Halo.” Seokjin bows, detaching his wrist from Taehyung in the process. “I’m Kim Seokjin.”

Hoseok blinks, but then he stands, doesn’t bother to even brush his wrecked hair. He bows to Seokjin, smiling even though his mind still left at his dream. “Hi. I’m Jung Hoseok, Tae’s roommate. Nice to finally meet you, Seokjin-ssi.”

“Oh, we brought you cupcakes, Hyung!” Taehyung raises his hand, showing off a pretty paper bag. The smells already hit Hoseok’s nose since they came closer to him.

“Oh my God, I love you.” Hoseok snatches that bag in no time, leaving Taehyung giggles. “I’m glad I don’t have to order or cook.”

“Spare me some.” Taehyung warns. “Seokjin hyung was the one who bought them.”

Hoseok turns to Seokjin. He smiles politely. “Thank you, Seokjin-ssi.”

“No worries.” Seokjin shrugs and smiles.

“Hyung, May I shower first?” Taehyung asks.

Hoseok nods. “Then I guess we can drink soda together, Seokjin-ssi. How about that?”

Seokjin smiles, his eyes widen in excitement. It’s been so long since the last time he had soda. “It’s my pleasure.”

Taehyung pats the older’s arm,”Make yourself comfy, Seokjin hyung.”

The older smiles reassuringly. Taehyung then walks away, giving Hoseok a look.

“I’ll get the soda. Please have a sit.” Hoseok pinpoints the couch.

“I will take home tour, if that’s okay with you.” Seokjin takes a look at the TV table, something already caught his eyes.

“More than okay, of course.” Hoseok smiles warmly. “But there’s not much. It’s not even spacious.”

Hoseok proceeds to leave and gone to where Seokjin supposed to think kitchen. He turns his heel, taking a light step closer to the table. Some photo frames stand there.

Seokjin leans forward for a better look. He smiles sheepishly as he finds child Taehyung smiling to the camera. He looks so cute with baby fat over his cheeks. He moves and finds a picture where Taehyung with Hoseok, sitting next to each other at what it looks like park benches, also with smile. There’s also a graduation picture of Taehyung and Hoseok.

Just as Seokjin is about to move back to the couch, a tall cupboard beside TV seems interesting. It’s packed with books, something he doesn’t expect. He reaches out a book, and he smiles as he sees the title. It’s photography book. So Taehyung has a thing for reading. But then his eyes catch another photo frame, this one seems more special as it’s placed in book cupboard instead of table. It’s Taehyung with a man. He looks a bit older than Taehyung, wide smile curving his lips, his arm hugging Taehyung comfortably. He’s good looking, with sharp eyebrows, angelic eyes and pointed nose. He takes a step closer to inspect it further, but then someone tugs his wrist.