The Reason

Chapter 17: The Reason

"Nice to see you again, Lola." Mr. Steven said as I sat next to Luke.

"Not really." I muttered.

"Well, we've got a new comer."

"Not necessarily new." The boy muttered. He was wearing a hood with his head hanging as his arms were crossed tightly across his chest.

"Well, he was here last week." Mr. Steven chuckled. "Please, introduce yourself." He asked the guy.

"I'll pass." He muttered.

"Who is he?" I whispered to Luke.

"You'll be surprised." He smiled at me.

"Lola, if you could?" Mr. Stevens said.

"Of course." I sighed and stood up. "Lola Heart, eighteen, Senior." I rocked back and forth on my feet thinking of reasons why I'm here. "Why am I here, because Luke and I made a deal."

"Why are you in therapy?" The boy asked.

"I just said . . . "

"In the first place?" He snapped.

I blinked rapidly at his sudden snap at me. "I lost my best friend a few years ago and I've been looking for the murderer ever since. My mom suggested therapy because she thinks I'm depressed."

"Are you depressed?" He asked quickly.

I felt like k was having whiplash with these sudden questions. "What is this, twenty questions?"

He shrugged. "I'm just asking."

"Who are you?" I scowled st him.

"No one."

"No, I'm no one, Luke's no one. You, you're someone that's obviously getting on my nerves." I snapped.

"Lola," Mr. Stevens said. "Calm down, they're just questions."

I ran my hand through my hair and shook my head. "You know what, no, I'm not depressed. I think I'm wasting my time here telling you my problems when, obviously, you can't fix them or make them any better than they are now." I scoffed and shook my head. "I don't even know why I agreed to even coming here." I muttered as I sat back down.

"Moving on." Mr. Stevens said. "Please, introduce yourself." He gestured to the rude bitch of a boy.

He stood up, his arms still crossed and head down. "I'm here because I've been through so much."

"Haven't we all?" I commented.

"Yes, but I've been fighting this for five years now. I thought surrounding myself with people I think care about me would make me feel better, but it doesn't."

"So why are you here?" I crossed my arms and stared at him until he gave me an answer.

"I'm depressed, have been since then. I screwed up from a childish mistake and I'm suffering because of it." He sighed and took off the hood. "I'm Ashton Irwin, eighteen, Senior and I regret most of my life decisions." He looked at me, right in the eyes. "I'm sorry."

"I'm done." I got up and walked out.

What the hell is he doing here? Regretting his life's decisions? What the hell does he regret? Talking to me in the first place I bet. I bet that I was the biggest mistake of his life.

"L," I shut my eyes and tried to ignore him. L, that one simple letter that he called me as a nickname. L, the girl he promised everything to. L, the girl he crushed. "Please, I'm sorry."