Chapter 1- Prologue

Chapter 1- Prologue

*November 1st, 1981- 4 Privet Drive*

Night had set on  Privet Drive when a man appeared form the forest, wearing long purple robes that swepted the ground as he walked down Privet Drive.  The man reached inside of his robes, pulling out what looked like a sliver cigarette lighter. He held it up into the air and clicked it, causing all the street lights to fly towards the Put-Outer.

“I should have known that you would be here, Professor McGonagall” the man said to a tabby cat that was watching him. The cat slowly started to transform back into a women wearing green robes with glasses.

“Good evening, Professor Dumbledore. Are the rumors true?” she asked as they walked down the street towards 4 Privet Drive. “That last night, Voldemort turned up in Godric’s Hollow, looking for the Potters. Is it true that James and Lily Potter are- are- that they're dead?” She asked.

“I’m afraid so Professor, the good and the bad” Professor Dumbledore said. “And the children?” McGonagall asked. “Hagrid’s bringing them” Dumbledore told her.

“Do you think it’s wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?” McGonagall asked as they walked passed some cars. “Ahh Professor, I would trust Hagrid with my life” Dumbledore said as a rumbling sound broke through the sound around them.

The two Professors looked up at the sky as a huge motorcycle fell out of it, landing in front of them. “Hagrid, at last. Where did you get that motorcycle?” Dumbledore asked the huge man, wearing a brown jacket and goggles. “Borrowed it, Professor Dumbledore, sir. Young Sirius Black lent it to me. I got them, sir” the giant said as he picked up the two babies from the side car. “No problems, I trust?” Dumbledore asked. “No sir. The little ones fell asleep as we was flyin’ over Bristol” Hagrid said handing Professor Dumbledore the baby boy and handing Professor McGonagall the baby girl. Both babies had matching lightning bolt scars on their foreheads.

“Albus, do you really think it’s safe? Leaving them with these people? I've been watching them all day. They really are-” McGonagall said as she and Dumbledore walked towards 4 Privet Drive. “The only family they have left” Dumbledore said. “They will both be famous. There will be no child in our world that will not know their names” McGonagall said as they reached the front door. “Exactly. They are far better off growing up away from all of that. Until they are ready” Dumbledore said as he and McGonagall place the twins on the steps.

“Good luck Harry and Serena Potter” Dumbledore said placing a latter on top of the babies.