00:25

Phoebe's POV

I hated that day. I had the day off. And what would I do? How am I going to spend it? Especially when my mind is trying to stop assuming where he is. Yes, today is the day that he's going to eat out with a girl. Or maybe not. Maybe is just professional. I hit myself in the head with a book and tried not to spill the hot coffee in my flannel.

I was reading a book and sitting at the large frame of my window as always. The city for once seemed empty and unimportant. The weather was warm, plain with no clouds and the buildings were tall and dirty as usual.

Suddenly the bell rung. Not even a marathon runner would have run as fast as I did in order to get the door. At my hurry and joy, I didn't see through the peephole. "Mi..chael?" I asked bewildered. How is he even here?

"I know it's creepy that I'm here but I dropped off to leave you these files. You need to check them and have them settled by tomorrow." Michael told me and smiled. "Um, Phoebe are you okay?" He asked. "You seemed like you were waiting for someone else." He continued and I was getting annoyed. Why does he even care?

"No, and I'm fine, thank you," I said and took the files out of his hands.

"See you tomorrow," Michael said and left. I closed my door shut and fell
on the ground. I miss him.

***

Mitchel was being locked up in his office again today. He didn't even order his anti obnoxious coffee. He didn't even greet me. What am I being tortured for?

I grabbed all the guts that were left in me and opened the large gates to see something that would put a crack right in the middle of my heart. A beautiful brunette haired woman was sitting opposite Mitchel while they were both holding a glass of wine.

"Ms. Martin, what is the reason for you coming in so sudden?" Mitchel asked.

"Please sign those, Mr. Cave," I said and handed the files Michael gave me yesterday. I tried so hard to keep the tears in my eyes but they were at the tip of my eyes.

"Oh, okay. Leave them here and I'll let you know when they're ready. Also please don't bother us again." Now I'm being a bother.

"I'm sorry sir," I said and closed the door behind me.

I couldn't help it anymore. I ran myself to the bathrooms and locked up in one of the toilets. I let the river of tears come out of my eyes and mentally slapped myself for acting so childish. Why am I crying? What was that? Who was her?

I looked at myself in the mirror and saw all the makeup running down my cheeks and forming smudges all over my face. I opened the shrink and tried to clean up the mess I created.

After sighing and feeling anxious I got in the office again and sat down on my chair. A note was glued to my desk. Don't do this to yourself, pretty. The handwriting was unknown and I felt quite uncomfortable. The gates were opened and Mitchel was accompanying the unknown lady. Of course, being his extra self he kissed her hand before letting her go, in front of me.

I saw his eyes traveling at the note I was holding and he looked confused. "What's that?" He asked me and it was the first thing he told me in private in one week now.

"Curiosity killed the cat," I told him and scrapped the paper. I threw the pieces in the trash bin and looked at his face.

"This is work, Ms. Martin! Stop acting like a toddler." Mitchel was looking at me so indifferently as if I were nothing. As a response, he took my silence. "I wanted to know what was that." He said this time demanding.

"It was a note."

"By whom?"

"I don't know."

"Saying what?"

"Don't do this to yourself." pretty.

Mitchel looked pensive for a little. "Are you seeing Jacksons?" He asked me.

"What? Are you trying to drive me crazy? Are you stupid?" My blood was boiling I wanted to slap him so bad. "Tell me you are not being serious right now." I continued this time almost yelling at him.

He opened his mouth to say something but hesitated. He took a long sigh and left.

Mitchel walked through the gate into his office and I heard him cursing even though he thought I probably didn't. "The fuck is up with me?" I heard him saying to himself.

Wish I knew the answer. Mitchel confuses me so much. He wants me to think he doesn't care about us but he can't control himself. Why would he ask me about Michael if he didn't care? Or why would he hesitate so much?

I know, the last time I walked in his office without permission I regret it but it's now or never. I opened it wide and stepped in. I was surer than I would ever be.

"What the fuck is up with you, Mitchel?" I asked him with my fists clenched, anger running in my veins. My face was red and I was breathing heavily. Damn, he makes me angry, damn I want him badly.

Mitchel looked very pensive of what to say. After a long sigh, I saw his eyes tearing and with the softest voice ever he told me "why am I blaming you for the things I do?"

And by that he left me stranded unable to function, my heart was flattering and sweat was making its way out of my forehead.

STUCKINMYBRAIN AND HER EVERYBODY