Chapter 27; Part 1

I looked in it as I brought a small Sims card out from the compartment.

I looked at it as I checked the bottom and saw the clear label.

CASH INC

I wasn't sure how mad I was that this was actually happening.

"You're getting tense, what's up?" Lauren asked as she put her arms around me and kissed the back of my neck. I really missed that.

"Steve's doing this, Lauren. I need to leave right fucking now." I said in an infuriated voice as I got up but Lauren restrained me from doing so.

"Lauren, let go of me."

"I can't and never will, you already know that. I'm just saying, I'm coming with you." Lauren said as I frantically nodded. I felt my palms shaking uncontrollably as I got up and Lauren grabbed a hold of my hand as we walked over to my car.

With my free hand, I kept a good grip on the small camera as I entered the passenger side.

Lauren entered into the car as she started it up and drove off.

"Why, why would he do this? That's so fucking creepy." Lauren scoffed.

"It's like he's after me and all this gossip. Actually, I don't know either. I want answers too." I said as my knee shaked uncontrollably as Lauren put her hand on top of it as she rubbed small circles on my knee with her thumb which kept me relaxed.

-

As soon as we reached the building, I jumped out of the car not waiting for Lauren and ran through the doors as I looked around and ran up the stairs. I heard quick foot steps behind me but didn't dare to let that slow me down.

I walked straight towards his office as his assistant stopped me. "You know better than to just go through to his office, you need to make an appointment."

"Guess what? If he can invade my privacy, I can invade his." I snapped as I pushed her aside and entered the office.

I saw him look up from his laptop as I slammed the door shut with my foot as I stood in front of his desk.

"My money maker." He smirked as I went around his desk and grabbed his tie as I pushed him back causing him to almost fall out of the swiveling chair he was currently sitting in.

"What?" He smirked cockily as I gritted my teeth.

"You're a fucking manipulative asshole. And then stooping so low that you have to get some gossip on me because you lost your best person for the job? So, you get someone to go and invade my privacy. Guess what? Fuck you, you don't even deserve this fucking job, Steve." I spit in his face as he merely pushed me off of him and stood up. He had more strength than I did but my angst against him could just make me more stronger in the most infuriating way.

"I did what I had to do. You acted like you were the top dog after quitting this place, I had to show you where you stand and where I stand. Is it clear now?" He asked as he straightened his tie.

"I do. It's clear to me that you're weak. You're fucking weak, Steve."

"Me? Weak?" He chuckled deeply.

"You hide behind all of your employers. You make them do the job for you and don't do anything for yourself. You're fucking weak." I said in a threatening tone as the door opened up.

Lauren walked in dazed as she looked around and saw Steve with an angered face as he clenched his fists. Lauren obviously saw his movements as she went and tackled him as she raised her hand but I grabbed it.