Chapter 28

I couldn't sleep. I got home and I tried to sleep but I laid there, awake. It was now 1:30 am as I decided to go downstairs and grab a drink.

I felt like it was going great but...what can I remember?

We were doing perfectly fine until after we got back and she was in a sour mood.

Was it a bad date? No....wait...the phone call! The phone call before I completely blacked out and went to sleep.

Who was it from? Words started to jumble in my head as I shook it off. Why am I avoiding Laur- No, I'm kidding. I'm not avoiding her, that's childish.

And she drove right off after dropping me off? Where the hell did she go! Her house was two damn houses away from me. That also gave me a thought to ponder about.

The truth was, she was avoiding me which was ironic on a lot of levels.

I had called Dinah during the night and she had told me Lauren hadn't contacted her about anything.

I shrugged it off and went in kitchen as I saw Isabelle sitting on a stool, making out with someone as I coughed.

"Camila...thought you'd be sleeping by now. What's wrong, babe?" Isabelle asked as the other girl turned around and I saw Liz. Liz and Isabelle were making out, that's cute.

"Lauren's avoiding me." I said in a low voice as Isabelle pouted.

"C'mere." Isabelle said as she got up from the stool and let Liz sit down as she went over to me and gave me a hug.

"She'll stop avoiding you," Isabelle said as I nodded.

"I hope."

I got out of her embrace as I grabbed a can of Pepsi from the fridge.

I took a sip as I nodded my head over at the two.

"So, y'all a thing now?" I smiled as Isabelle nodded.

"My number one, right here." Isabelle smiled as she put an arm around Liz.

"Liz...you aren't top?!" I exclaimed, I would've thought she would've been top in any kind of relationship.

Liz shook her head as she sheepishly smiled.

"You two are cute. You two are also experienced....how's that working out in bed?" I asked curiously.

"Well-" Liz started as Isabelle stopped her.

"No! No, you don't get to talk. We haven't been doing it yet." Isabelle admitted as I widened my eyes.

"Wow...well...you two are good for each other!" I smiled. I had to enjoy this time where it was just making out instead of hearing them have sex with each other about every night.

They smiled at each other as the two finally started to kiss again. I gave a small laugh as I went up the stairs and took my Pepsi with me.

"Check your email!" I heard Isabelle shout as I furrowed my eyebrows and sprinted up the stairs.

I went over to my phone and saw an email from Isabelle's dad saying that he would start taking whatever paintings or drawings I had done. This was a start....a great start.

-

The next day came and no message or text from Lauren. I knew she was back at her house because her car was there and she did grab the mail the same time I grabbed mine.

We made eye contact but she instantly broke it. She looked away and went straight back into the house.

I decided to wait till she actually wanted to talk to me. I tried to text her to see if we could meet up and talk but all I saw was the little 'read at 5:36 am' with a little checkmark by it.