Diary Entry #30 - Snow Leopard Birth

Syracuse, New York

A few weeks later...

Evelyna Leopardia-Tammela is nearing the end of the eight months being pregnant with her and Jonne Tammela's child. They haven't even had a wedding ceremony yet...and she is already about to give birth to their first child! But she is excited and she knows that Jonne won't not have a wedding ceremony for them.

She is standing behind the glass at the practice facility for the Syracuse Crunch, where Jonne is practicing with his teammates, including the ex-Jaguar of the team, Olivier Archambault, Boris Katchouk, Alex Barre-Boulet, Dennis Yan, Taylor Raddysh, Ross Colton, a moody Matthew Spencer and Otto Somppi.

Jonne sneaks up behind Dennis with Boris, they wink and then pulls his pants down, laughing hard as they skate off, high-fiving each other.

"Oh, real mature, Katchouk and Tammela!" Dennis laughs, pulling his pants back up and tying them tightly.

"No worries, this is nothing new," Otto grumbles, rolling his eyes. "Tammy, Katz, stop it! Focus on hockey for once you goofball idiots!"

Evelyna giggles, bringing her hand up to her mouth. On either side of her is Sheree, the cougaress and her new boyfriend, a defensive prospect for the Lightning, Matt Spencer and then on the other side of her, stands Dominik Masin. It is an optional skate for the forwards of Syracuse.

The redhead looks at her best friend to her side. "Jonney's such a prankster. He can't stop picking on people and he's dragging poor Boris into his shenanigans now."

Sheree laughs. "Look at Moody McGee Spencer..." She points at the glass, in the direction of where Matthew is angrily slapping a puck to the boards and tossing glances at Matt Spencer, who has his hands under the brunette woman's arms and his head resting gently on her shoulder.

Suddenly, Evelyna grunts in pain and doubles over, grabbing at her stomach. "Frickin' contractions are getting worse and worse..." She turns and heads to a trashcan to throw up.

"Bestie...you're just getting closer and closer to it being all over. You have a gender yet?"

"YEAH!" Evelyna cries out by the trashcan, hurling once more.

Dominik hands her towels to clean her face up, smiling largely. "It's a boy, remember, Sheree!"

Sheree hits a palm to forehead. "Right. And you were gonna name him Nealigan Pionk-Tammela?"

Evelyna looks at her, gripping the can's sides. "Yeah."

That's when, her water breaks.

"Ohhh okay..." Matt says, rushing over with Sheree to grab each of the redhead's arms.

"Cooooool," Dominik remarks, pointing at the ground. "Water fountain!"

"Dominik!" Sheree scolds. "Tell Jonne what's going on! We're getting her to the hospital now!"

Evelyna bites her lip as her ears morph into a snow leopard's and then she screams, but her scream is a loud, pained meow, "Mrrrrrrowwwww!" Whiskers protrude from her cheeks momentarily before vanishing and a snow leopard tail emerges and then disappears as they rush her out of the arena and to the parking lot.

Dominik races around to where Boris and Jonne are still laughing over the Dennis-pants prank. "Uncle Jonneyyyyyyy!! Evelyna's in labor!"

Jonne stops laughing and looks at him. "Thanks, Dom!"

"Ugh! Finally!!" Ross remarks. "I was beginning to think the kid wouldn't come and she'd just explode!"

Jonne slaps him across the back of the head. "Come on, gang!"