Diary Entry #40 - The Thylacine

Tampa, Florida

The next day...

After the failure to prove the existence of the Formosan Clouded Leopard, Brayden Point is super hesitant about another case. But...he has to know and Lena's told him vigorously the time for his secret is running short.

So, thanks to the nice break in the middle of the season, Brayden is able to call his new force together, subtracting Otto, adding in Ville Meskanen. They are at the Brandon Ice Sports Forum, after an optional skate for the Bolts.

Yanni, in human form, is skating around with Adam. He pushes off and jumps onto the back of the heavy power forward, hugging his arms around his neck as he gets a piggyback ride.

"Gourdo, get off!" Adam chuckles.

Colby skids across the ice on his paws, howling out a song, horribly off key.

Brayden smacks his forehead as he sits with Brett in the stands to the side, waiting on the others to arrive.

Suddenly, Alexey darts in up to the boards and, with his characteristic smile on his face. He watches the two goofing off. "Uncle Addy!! Uncle Yanni!!" he shouts out as he waves vigorously like a little child at them through the boards. "Hiiiiiiiiiiii, Colbyyyyyyy!!"

Vladdy and Ville enter, their tails entwined together, beaming at the child. 

Brayden spots them at once and motions Vladdy over to him. Vladdy gives a lick to Ville and pads over to him. 

"What's up, BrayBray?" Vladdy sing-songs with a cheesy smile on his face. 

"Don't call me that and also, I have a gift from Lena. She...well, somehow she was able to find the remnants of your necklace at Busch Gardens and...well..." He holds his hand out and uncurls his fingers to reveal his necklace in whole. "She was able to work her magic with a little help to get this back for you. Enchanted once more. Like nothing happened to it." 

Vladdy looks at Brayden. "No way! Really? Tell her I owe her one!" 

Brayden chuckles. "It's no problem. She says you're lucky." He puts the necklace around Vladdy's neck once more and nods at him. 

Vladdy, beaming, skips back to Ville and tells him about it. They join paws and activate their powers, returning to human form once more. Then they hug once another, laughing and share a passionate kiss. 

Brayden chuckles and turns his attention to the entrance once more, where, behind them, Boris, Alex, William, Kasperi, Jonne, Evelyna and Neal walk in. Brayden jumps to his feet at once and claps his hands at the rink.

"Hey, they're here, come on Tiger, Rottie and little singing Colby Cub," Brayden calls out with a crisp chuckle.

Adam trips over his skates and crashes to the ice with Yanni on top of him, laughing super hard. Colby skids over to the side, where one of the rink doors is. He shakes his pelt out and steps out of the rink. He spots Alexey, who grabs his matching cross necklace to Vladdy's in his fingers and morphs into his cheetah cub form.

Colby jumps and swats the air playfully with a hiss. Then he bounds forward and jumps on Alexey.

"Colby, be careful," Vladdy warns.

Colby and Alexey roll around, batting unsheathed paws at one another.

"Relax, Vlad, he'll be butterflies," Yanni chuckles as he and Adam reach the exit door finally.

Yanni steps out and instantly morphs into the white bengal tiger. Adam follows suit, transforming into his rottweiler form. He nudges Yanni in the side with his head. Brayden sighs, watching them.