Part 12 : Never

(UNIVERSE 2)

JUNGKOOK P. O. V

Bored. Just so bored. It's already been 6 full days since Hoseok-hyung got drugged and we've been in this damn hospital ever since. I know I shouldn't be one to complain I mean I'm not the one who is unable to walk or stand but what else am I supposed to do? I threw my phone beside me on the sofa after getting tired of playing the candy crush game. Hoseok woke up from his nap and I got up from my seat. The nurse told me to remind him to take his prescription every 2 hours. "Yo hyung... Here take your pills". I threw the pills at him as he catches it smoothly and grabs a bottle of water from the desk next to his bed. After taking his pills he just laid back down in bed. I sighed. Alone again. Well it's not his fault the pills naturally makes him sleepy but he can't sleep forever. Not too long after Hyojong-hyung came back. I haven't seen him all day. He was holding an ice cream cone. I lit up as my eyes widen. I made a "is that for me?" face and eyed the ice cream. He noticed as he stared at me and back at the ice cream. "Not for you silly kid it's for Hoseok..." he said while shutting his eyes and stucking his tounge out. I huffed and crossed my arms. He chuckled at my aegyo as he pulled his black hair back. "Just kiddin'... Here ya go kiddo". That smile returned on my face as I grabbed the now melting vanilla ice cream cone and stuffed my face.

After a while Hoseok woke up. "How you feeling, hyung?" Hyojong asked as he handed him a water bottle. "Sleepy..." yawned Hoseok as he rubbed his eyes. Hyojong chuckled. "Sleepy? No way you've been sleeping for hours... Poor lil' Kookie here has been all alone you know". Hoseok just kept quiet still half asleep. All of a sudden his face tense up and he got serious. "Jungkook I need to talk to you... Alone". He looked up at Hyojong and he nodded in understanding. He left the room so that I was alone with Hoseok. "Hyung?" I asked curiously looking into his eyes. He was just looking down at his fingers that were curled up together. "Hyung? What's the matter?" I repeated. He finally gained the courage to look at me in the eye. "Jungkook I... I want to talk to you seriously about this."

I nodded and motioned him to continue. "I... I... I'm gonna need you to replace me as a dance teacher for our group". My eyes widened as I processed the information. "W-wait what me?! How can I do that I'm just a kid no I can't! There's no way I can replace you no never!!!" I yelled back at him with tears welling in my eyes. He just forced himself to do a small smile and looked up at me. I could tell he was desperate and sorry. "I'm sorry Jungkook" was all he said. It was enough. Enough for me to understand how important this is to him. "I'm sorry I couldn't be your dance teacher forever as I promised" the tears finally broke free streaming down my face.

My heartbeat quickens as a memory from years ago resurfaced. It was back in 2014. I wasn't that bad at dancing back then but it was pretty terrible. Everything was so hard and pressuring to me. I was just a kid and I told myself that there will times when dancing wouldn't be hard anymore. But no matter how hard I practiced I couldn't get it right. I'm a screw up. Can't even get a simple choreography right. I collapsed on the floor burying my face in my hands as my body is drenched in sweat. I groaned out of frustration as I was breathing heavily from hours of endless dancing. The tile of the dance floor swimming in my sweat.
Suddenly amongst the shadows of the dark a light appears. Hoseok. He lended his hand out to me with the brightest smile. His eyes were shining with a light that makes me feel like everything was gonna be alright. As long as he's here. He was my hero. "It's okay kiddo... We have loads of time to get this right. I'll help you OK" he said with that smile again. I couldn't help but smile back as I held onto his arm getting back up. After a while I finally got it right. Thanks to him. "Hell yes I got it! I couldn't have done it without you hyung thanks!" I said with a bunny smile.

"No prob. No matter what problem comes our way remember you'll never be alone. I'm here. Your hyungs are here. Don't put all this pressure on yourself. I'll help you in dance forever so don't worry."

"Forever?"

"Forever. I promise Kooks"

"Thanks hyung" I said as we pinkie promised.

The memory faded as my tears continued streaming. I can't do this. It'll never be the same. I can't replace him. No. No. "Jungkook..." a faint voice brought me back to reality. I looked at Hoseok still on the verge of a breakout and he just smiled again. He'll never stop smiling anytime soon, will he? "It's only temporary I promise you" he said. I have trust issues now. He broke a promise just a few seconds ago. A promise than meant the world to me. A promise than makes me feel like everything will be alright because he's always here. He took out his pinkie finger and looked at me sweetly. "No... I don't believe you" I said as I backed away. "You'll just break it all over again. I can't lose you. I can't replace you. This isn't right. I can't do what you do. Please no. I can't take this responsibility hyung" I said as I broke down crying harder than I've ever did before. I don't remember the last time I felt this vulnerable. I was closing my eyes crying then got shocked by the sound of the bed creaking. Hoseok he's... Trying to stand. He's trying to reach out to me. Of course his weakened legs failed him and he crashed to the floor in 2 seconds. "Hoseok!" I yelled as I caught him before he fell. I held him tight in my arms. "I'm so sorry Jungkook... I couldn't keep a promise. What kind of hyung am I? I can't console you or reach out to you anymore like I did last time. I'm weak. Im just so weak, aren't I?" he cried out in my arms, his face told me everything. A story of a brother who was desperate. A brother who wanted to help his younger brother in any way he can but could no longer do so. I cried harder as I struggled to talk. "No. Not once were you weak. I'm the weak one. I can't do anything without you. I'm so selfish. You've always helped me. Now it's my turn to help you. I'll do it, hyung".

He smiled as I carried him back to the hospital bed. "Thank you Kooks. It's only temporary". I nodded as I wiped my tears away. After a bit Hoseok fell asleep again. I sighed and layed down on the sofa. Temporary huh? I can do this. Hoseok can't put Jimin in charge because he's emotionally unstable due to Hoseok's condition. He'll just collapse from the burden. And Hyojong might be good at break dancing and b-boying but he isn't the best at other dancing styles. I'm not part of the dance line only because I refuse to when the manager asked me about it. I wanted to focus more on being a vocalist. But now I have my chance. I'll make you proud Hobi-hyung. Temporary... Only temporary. That's the only word I kept stuck in my head that is keeping me from going insane.